Nobody actually world pvps for fun

This is painfully evident by the fact that benediction is now an alliance server and faerlina is now a horde server. If people actually organically loved world pvp there would be a much healthier balance.

World pvp in classic has always been one of a few options

1. Getting ganked/camped/griefed at summoning stones

2. getting ganked by a group of people questing and then never seeing them again

3. Getting ambushed by a rogue when you’re at half health and again, never seeing them again

4. huge raid groups outside of portals farming anyone that comes in.

I acknowledge that there is indeed probably 3, maybe 4, people who actually live for world pvp and just world pvp all day and fight people multiple times. They’re probably out there somewhere. But I’ve never seen them.

It’s invariably one of the above options the majority of the time.

People roll on pvp servers because that’s where the players are. Pve servers are all dead. The actual pvp players who love pvp are in battlegrounds and arenas, not world pvp.

So this magical 50/50 population server balance that people strawman as an argument for server health isn’t realistic at all. As can be clearly seen by the lack of one of these servers existing now. The handful of people who world pvp for fun should roll on a dominant server of the opposite faction. They will have plenty of prey to choose from.

But they don’t. Why? They aren’t confident in their skills and probably need a guild to come back them up if they get killed and get mad. 50 50 servers allow for their lack of skill to be hidden somewhat due to the amount of allies around them.

So in closing, a dominant faction is a sign of server health, not faction balance. Both for world pvp players who are actually passionate about world pvp, as well as people who want to raid.

3 Likes

I didn’t know that Pagle and Mankrik were dead. I must have misread ironforge pro then.

3 Likes

I world pvp for fun. Nothing funnier than sapping people swimming into SSC and watching them drown. You are wrong op.

7 Likes

Thank you for your masterful expertise on PvP, reads, Benedition Alliance player.

Benediction

US EastPvP 25073

23630 / 94.2%

Your opinion is invalid, and you are a PVP coward. Grobbulus still loves WPVP, even with a ~60/40 balance.

9 Likes

This is probably the one thread that you’ll get people agreeing with you on because most of the people who haven’t quit already TBCC agree with this.

I could make a longer post about what I like about wpvp but there’s no point here. The good thing for me is that a few options remain outside of Bene/Faerlina/Whitemane/Retail (I’d include the PVE servers too but those guys picked the right servers so I won’t, and yes I consider Retail to be the same as the other 3) for those who want more excitement in their game, and not just to play the bland base game.

Well, at least that acknowledgment is more than most who say the same thing but pretend that even people who tell them that they like wpvp don’t exist… and yes I’ll roll on a server where I’m not on a dominant side, that’s what I played in Vanilla and that’s what I prefer.

1 Like

I’ve got a lot more respect for the Pagle, Mankrik and other PVE server players at this point. They knew what they wanted from the beginning.

2 Likes

World PVP was pretty much the main reason I picked a high pop PVP server. Speak for yourself broski.

3 Likes

Yeah if you were on Faerlina before (like with your 60 here in Classic) it wouldn’t be fair to include you saying you didn’t want wpvp, esp since Faerlina was ally-dominated. I raid log now on this server my character I post is on and the server was super fun for a long time before it wasn’t… and yeah fast PVE groups never were what made it fun.

I tend to be not very nice about Faerlina now because I hate what happened to it but it’s not because of people like you.

do you resub to make these dumbbum threads?

From what I’ve gathered from a lot of people I’ve talked to, they’re hoping that the servers do a merger at some point to actually get World PVP back. A large majority of WoW is based around the war between the Horde and Alliance, why wouldn’t you want to be able to kill the opposing faction you’re at war with in the open world? It’s such a shame what has happened to Faerlina.

6 Likes

I see we’re interested in engaging in another meaningful thread about a topic that’s never been discussed before.

Riveting stuff.

Most of this forum is extremely boring now, just like the game, so that’s ok. There are people literally arguing about words in patch notes.

2 Likes

It is a shame, and a merger or anything would be nice for people who care about that stuff.

World pvp was a lot more fun in classic than TBC imo. Flying mounts, separation of pve/pvp gear, and the fact that its a huge raid log expansion make it significantly worse even before you factor in the whole server issue.

The best times I ever had were giant battles in BRM and silithus hives during the scarab lord grind. You’ll never find things like that in TBC because there just isn’t any place in the world to facilitate it. The closest is SSC but the whole long underwater tunnel feeding into a large pond makes that pretty impossible.

1 Like

Tried that, and it was great for a while, until the rest of the alliance abandoned the server. By then the AH is dead and pve is dead, so you’re missing that half of the game instead. I spent weeks logging in to buzz around a sad and empty world to do dailies and try to gank horde. It got boring fast, but most of all…lonely.

The server situation is a result of everyone choosing pve first, wpvp is a nonfactor for most. It’s an understandable decision. But unfortunate.

1 Like

on Grobbulus they do

4 Likes

I like world pvp, but any server where you can world pvp disallows you from being able to find groups for pve content regularly. Grob maybe being the exception, but my guild was too worried about it dying and took the safe bet and went bene.

Plenty of people love world PvP, but only when they outnumber or outlevel the opponent and it’s a guaranteed win. Unbalanced servers are the natural and inevitable result of that.

Living in central Asia was probably fun during the Mongol Empire… if you were a Mongol. Probably not so fun if you weren’t.

2 Likes

Idk bout that, my most fond world pvp memories are from me and my buddy assassinating ppl our level under the nose of their level capped bodyguard, or killing a guy, him switching to his main and wrecking us to “show” us and then we continue to kill their alt. Or turning the tables and killing a max level that jumped us. Damn, you guys are almost making me want to lvl something from scratch.

1 Like

For me, the best part of World PVP is fighting back against that guy that attacked you and winning, or (in the case where that person is a higher level etc) grouping up and beating them.

I also how it makes the world feel more dangerous. You need to watch your back and pay attention etc. Not just half AFK and watch Netflix on the other screen.

I’ve found that the same people who say that others only want world PVP when they are superior generally never liked world PVP themselves, and they often say so.

Also IMO the current “PVP” servers were created by those who do not like World PVP to begin with (at least 80% of the server pop) and not those who did.

1 Like