Nobbel's interview with Danuser

I’ve always said, I would be an amazing writer and game dev for Blizzard and they should hire me. I know what the players want. I know how to bring people back. It’s very easy and can be done so quick!!

Playable.
Murlocs.

I will write the story for them, how the Horde and Alliance come together as one, with the help of their new fishy allies. Faction boundaries and tensions will disappear overnight as the murlocs show us the way. The Oracles will regrow Teldrassil, bring back everyone who died in the WoT and subsequent battles, reveal that the Shadowlands was just a prank bro, and we’ll just pretend that BfA and SL weren’t real.

But they must give us gorloc skin options, because if we cannot play as the big tongues, why are we even bothering?

Give mocha elf big tongue gorlocs…

6 Likes

So they’re killing off Malfurion to bring back Ysera and not even as an aspect? That doesn’t seem worth the sacrifice.

18 Likes

I got a better solution that maintains some of this. Just make it so that the Dragon Isle Centaur were a clan from the union of Zaetar and Theradras however they left Kalimdor because they didn’t like the constant infighting. They happened to crash onto the shores of the Dragon Isles. Not like randomly crashing into a landmass surrounded by a mist like aura hasn’t been done before. In fact that is how we found Pandaria. When Anduins ship ran aground with the Horde chasing after them.

5 Likes

It is pretty concerning that there doesn’t seem to be a lesson learned after two disastrous expansions that damaged the Warcraft “brand”.

25 Likes

I never had faith in Danuser, but I had hope.

Which can, in fact, be killed.

10 Likes

I don’t think I can abuse enough minorities or women to have a decent chance at being employed at blizzard.

16 Likes

It makes the entire thing even more bizarre. At least you could pretend with that excuse. But now she serves literally no role that couldn’t have been her being in the Shadowlands.

2 Likes

what a boring interview i couldnt bother.
ask him the juicy stuff like potential new races, villains and next expansions

That’s because Malfurion isn’t being sacrificed. He’s taking a power nap in a floral pod to become a god that is greater than Vol’jin.

5 Likes

The Titans could have killed them, they’d just have killed Azeroth at the same time. Kind of like removing cancer with a greatsword, really.

5 Likes

He will never answer those questions.

Well yeah, they did kinda hint at that, but we’re not supposed to know that at this point in the story.

1 Like

Which is why I think Y’shaarj is the only Old God out of the equation completely, barring any other lingering remnants it might have left around.

4 Likes

That doesn’t make sense if Old Gods can only be truly killed in the Void.

Well, typically extraplanar entites can only truly die in their own planes, OR, in places of high concentration of their cosmic power. So, if Azeroth was very saturated in void energy at the time (which makes sense since the Black Empire controlled the globe), then its possible killing Y’shaarj permanently was possible.

I imagine if this were the case they’d have corrupted Azeroth’s world soul.

They didn’t seem to be far from that point.

I think the hard part is, aren’t demons the only known example of this?

Elementals are native to our plane, they were just linked and bound to the elemental planes by the Keepers. So not a natural occurrence. Like on Draenor, killed elementals are killed.

Are there examples of other instances of this?

Hrmn… Wild Gods? Cenarius died and went to the Emerald Dream (well, Ardenweald first, I suppose, but then the Emerald Dream).

I think the Wild Gods were tied to the Emerald Dream by Freya.

And really, I think the idea of Ardenwald is you’re still dead, you can just be reborn. Like Uther is dead but he can go places to, I think he’s just more limited on getting his original boy back.

1 Like