No xp when winning battles?

I’m leveling this mage, and I’ve been doing pet battles on her during the process to level some pets during the weekly event and I noticed I’m not getting any XP. I thought you got XP when you won a pet battle, am I just misremembering?

I’m having the same issue myself. I just tried several battles with lvl 1 battles and gained no XP for either pets nor toon, so I traveled elsewhere thinking perhaps it was an error as I was in Stormwind. I did a battle in Ironforge with a lvl 1 and gained XP for both that battle but after that, same thing happened, so I once again relocated. Tried another lvl 1 with no XP and found a lvl 2 that gave XP for both but then back to no XP for any following battles. In all of these battles, I only used 1 pet, so I expect no XP for the others due to their non-participation, but my pet that won the battle and my toon should have at least had SOME XP for those battles. If anybody has a fix, please pass it along because this is frustratin

You will only get XP for the actual battling if you are doing pet battles appropriate to your character level or above. Of course if the pet battle is a daily quest you will get XP for completing the quest.

If you can get to Legion Dalaran, Sir Galveston is up today and you will be able to battle him repeatedly, (even at your level,) to level both your character and your pets.

2 Likes