No WOW-token in Argentina?

Hello!

I cannot buy the WOW token ingame.

What happened? Could a GM please respond and explain what happened?

Thank you!

Not all regions can purchase wow tokens.

If you would like to see this changed you need to take it up with your countries lawmakers.

2 Likes

Well, we had WOW token available a while ago.

Over here Argentinean lawmakers don’t care unless you milkshake them.

Unfortunately changes in regional laws means Blizzard has to change things as well.

Argentina is not the only country that cannot buy tokens.

2 Likes

Well, CCP offers PLEX and Elder Scrolls Online offers Crowns. There shouldn’t be a problem, because buying this stuff is still possible.

Maybe it’s a problem with local inflation. I’d like Blizzard to comment on this.

1 Like

They already have, the FAQ on tokens says that it might not be available in all countries. They aren’t going to be able to say anything else. If it isn’t available for your country then that is pretty much that.

2 Likes

How long ago were you able to buy them?

Nuestra moneda no vale nada y cada día menos, es por eso que no se puede comprar, sería injusto para los demás, demasiado con que pagamos $100 por mes que es practicamente regalado

1 Like

Our currency is worth nothing and every day less, that is why it cannot be bought, it would be unfair to others, too much that we pay $ 100 per month that is practically given away

Google translated for you, as this forum is mainly used by the English speaking crowd, with sub forums for Spanish and Portuguese.

3 Likes

Can those items be transferred to virtual currency the way a token can be converted to Blizzard Balance?

It’s not currently available in Argentina. We’re not going to be able to share any more specific information than that. If that changes though, we’ll be sure to share. You can find our language specific forums here.

5 Likes

Plex can in Eve - not sure about the other.

The other thing to consider also, is that CCP is a European based company, where as Blizzard is a US company. There could be trade agreement laws preventing it.

1 Like

iirc Blizz has offices on most continents to help with this. Office in Seoul/France/US and a few other locations.

Elder Scrolls is from Bethesda. It’s also US.

I just want my beloved WOW token. :frowning:

Bethesda is not Blizzard.

3 Likes