No thought in the 45% mana regen nerf

I question the leadership and grouped minds on this. And IMO, this mana nerf was never really needed on any healer classes.

So Blizz says they took a careful look at the regen system. Maybe in bg’s and such but what about 1 vs. 1 scenarios? I had to try it out. . . .

I handle myself pretty well with Pallys as disc, so I thought lets try them first. Beat them 1 on 1 many times, and lost some close ones. Not anymore. Between the mana required to produce the damage and heal myself, a ret pally alone has no worries since it seems around 40% of that players health is when I am totally out of mana. Not souly because of the heals but because of the mana cost of dmg spells as well!!! The balance is now completely off. . .off the rails. . .

5 Likes

Personally I’ve felt almost no change other then games move faster.
I’m definitely going oom faster the before but so is the opposing healer.

I can only speak for myself and I only play low cr 2v2s, but honestly I feel ever do slightly buffed. The other healers are actually running oom at a rate similar to me, as opposed to before were as i would be oom and they would be almost full. Double dps feels exactly the same to me. I haven’t gotten into too many 1v1s yet so I can’t say on that, but overall, feels almost okay to me.

2 Likes

Its a huge nerf in casual bgs.

1 Like

I believe blizz is trying to eliminate healers easier to balance that way

3 Likes

May as well have been the objective, with how gratuitous it was…not even sure what the mana nerf was supposed to achieve except putting a shorter timer on fights and guaranteeing free healer kills. It take forever even to have penance come available from zero mana.

k

/10chars

I thought I’d get no replies for this much less 5. Point being, that I did not make the most important assessment. For an expansion that expresses the current movement of world PvP, how can this be accepted?

1 Like

Another lemming that feels slightly buffed?

Here’s an idea: Why don’t we get spirit and Mp5 back on gear and let that determine our sustainability? Remember when you could choose to either have great regen at the expense of less potent heals (by way of spirit taking the place of other seconday stats), or choose to have stronger heals with less regen and run the risk of having strong heals but going OOM faster? I miss that aspect of choice.