No Super Squirt Day 2022 (US)?

I’ve filled out my calendar for 2022 with all of Squirt’s active days in the Garrison and the Pet Battle Bonus Events shown on the in-game calendar. Unfortunately, it looks like there are no overlaps throughout all of 2022 for US servers. I’ve double-checked my notes, but I could have missed something.

I haven’t kept up with Blizz news. Was this change intentional? I know prior calculations showed two Super Squirt Days coming up in 2022, but the google doc appears to be out-of-date. Just curious if anyone else has looked into this.

There’s already the known weirdness with 2022 calendars not showing any Darkmoon Faires. Won’t know for sure for another hour, but looking like somebody just forgot to update the calendars .

UPDATE: Sunday morning, Pacific Time, and Faire isn’t up. Who knows if somebody forgot to change some flag or if Darkmoon Faire just went away.

2 Likes

No. I think it was around when they shifted something in the calendar, it offset super squirt for NA. As far as the calendar is concerned for 2022, NA will receive no SS days.

That said, I guess people will have to finally come around to using Legion tamers. Or just level when Squirt is up normally, since they changed xp values during non-critter weeks.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how it works in BfA for “What Do You Mean, Mind-Controlling Plants?” in Voldun seems to give passable experience. Although nothing else in BfA seems to.

I suppose I get why they don’t want us leveling pets off so many of the tamers. If I used all the leveling stones I had, I could easily level a bunch of pets from 1-25.

The Draenor circuit seems to be working still, but I don’t know about Pandaria.

What I don’t understand is why the experience off the tamers has to be worse than wild pets. I get far more experience for my under-25 level pets from just attacking pets in the wild than I do from fighting the tamers. Which doesn’t seem like an okay thing to do, in case someone’s trying to catch pets while I’m just killing them to get my recently captured 23rd to 25th.

I was really disappointed to see this. It feels like something went wrong somewhere, but more likely it’s just that no one at Blizzard saw pet battling content as important enough to fix it.

I’m reporting it as a bug in the hopes that it will get some visibility, but I don’t have high hopes with the “Jingles” Winter Veil pet from over a year ago never having been fixed. Heck, pets from Legion and BEFORE lost their customization in the model revamp during BFA and never got it back.

1 Like

Mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, we aren’t owed Super Squirt days. As my other thread will show, I’ve got more leveling stones than I can possibly use. And Squirt days, even without the bonus, are pretty good.

On the other hand, since WQ pet battle experience was beaten into the ground, bonus pet experience weeks seem to be of negligible value. I do far better getting experience for my leveling pets just by attacking random pets in the wild and killing them than I do for killing attacking battle pets.

Still, there is the Draenor circuit and Pandaria. Those are still good for leveling pets. But I’m speaking as someone who cancelled his account and I have nothing left to level anyway.

What I like most about the Super Squirt Days is that it is (or was) a rare treat that you could schedule to get all your new pets from an expansion up there in levels. There’d be a holiday atmosphere in Draenor Garrison General Chat, people would be swapping tips and tricks and just hanging out, being social. Blizzard is convinced that pet battlers should be fighting each other and that’s most of what the bonuses and events that they purposely made are geared towards, but almost no one is interested in that and just wants to chill out and collect and level their pets.

Super Squirt Day was a perfect likely entirely accidental way to do that once or twice a year.

6 Likes

If they want us to battle each other, then they should give rewards for doing so. Battlegrounds confer rewards. You can get some pretty decent gear by doing battlegrounds.

Even though I almost never do PvP pet battles, I did actually do well enough to get my tabard.

Why not give stones or charms as rewards. Why not pets for a certain number of victories. I guarantee you, we’d be happy to do PvP pet battles if we thought there was a pet to be won.

Why give Sir Snaps as a reward for Honor? Why not have him as a reward for winning PvP pet battles. Even if it were a ridiculously high amount of wins, I guarantee you, we’d be working toward it.

Because a lot of the ways of acquiring pets is just plain lame. Get revered in Highmountain faction and you can buy a Baby Elderhorn from a conventional merchant. Gee, I wonder how many hours they spent thinking up that brilliant and creative idea for pet acquisition.

I think I had a much better idea. I happened to notice when you approach the Hungry Icefang to do battle, the Icefang has cornered a Baby Elderhorn, who is attempting to slink away.

Maybe after five or victories over the Icefang, the Baby Elderhorn (apparently an orphan, since a Mama Elderhorn would reduce that Icefang to roadkill) could recognize that it has a knack for getting itself into trouble and is safer with us, since we come to its rescue. Thus it becomes our pet.

Maybe not the best idea, but certainly more interesting than buying it.

If they want us to do more pet battling against each other, then give us the rewards, like they do for BGs and the like.

3 Likes

PvP Pet Battling has one really big flaw. It’s not much fun.

It isn’t a challenge of your skills against their skills, it’s who has the meta team that week, and whether you have the counter-meta. Newcomers quickly bail cause they get sick of getting destroyed by what seems to be same person over and over, but with the anonymity of who you’re actually playing, could be several different folks with whatever team is really big lately. Fewer people getting into it, long, long queue times, which drives off even more players.

Final blow is the Achievements. Hard to imagine that anyone trying to get something like, godforbid, 5,000 wins still gives a damn about strategy anymore, they just want to grind it out with whatever team is ruling these days.

You may have guessed, I don’t do Pet PvP anymore.

5 Likes

I believe EU realms had super squirt during the last pet battle weekly a few weeks ago. Maybe we in US realms are just super unlucky this year…

When they added the Legion Timewalking, it shifted the calendar dates. The US gets no Super Squirts, and if I remember correctly EU gets Super Squirt almost every, or all, pet battle weeks this year.

2 Likes

We’re still not getting any Super Squirt days this year as far as I can tell. Its pretty sad.

1 Like

That’s just gonna be how it is. In the past, it was EU that was getting screwed as far as the bonus event lining up with Squirt. Now I think this is the first time it’s happened in the US and everyone’s losing their minds about it.

We were actually slated to not get any more Super Squirt days FOREVER. It was BLEAK.

But…

Reportedly this is fixed? Now that the pet battle week is a co-event with other weekly events, it’s looking like we’re up for getting 4 days in the US in 2023, and three in the EU.

• 3/4/2023
  • 4/18/2023
  • 8/1/2023
  • 9/15/2023
1 Like

I put my calendar together the other day too and was so excited to see the March and April super squirt days (which I put on my calendar as “Garrison Day” so I don’t get weird looks)! I didn’t even REALIZE we would have two more days in the second half of the year. Hopefully the word can get out for those who still have so many pets to level.

When I originally made this thread, a HUGE portion of my collection were low level, so I was particularly upset about no 2022 super squirt days. After I realized that regular squirt days are still pretty good, I just put every squirt day on my calendar, setup my Rematch Scripts, and turned my brain on autopilot mode. I still have a bunch of lvl 24s, but I’m definitely getting closer to a maxed collection!

3 Likes