NO Sundancer mount AGAIN!

Bought a glider off the AH, got the shrine blessing, got Sundancer landed, killed him and my loot went in my bags. NO MOUNT! Put in a ticket to Blizzard and their response:
This is Game Master Valaladur here to help you with your concerns in being unable to receive the Sundancer mount. Thanks for reaching out to me so that I could help look into this for you.

I can absolutely understand your concerns in this situation, especially when it would feel like something would just simply be not appearing to work.

In this situation when it comes to earning this mount, there are quite a few things that can cause you not to get this mount. The having the achievement earned wouldn’t provide you the mount and this mount is looted directly from the corpse of this NPC. As this is still considered a “secret”, going into details about obtaining this mount is not something that we would be able to share.

There was previously an issue that was preventing individuals from being able to loot this mount, however it has since been fixed by the developers, but this fix was not retroactive as we are unable to verify the full eligibility requirements of this mount and thus would mean we would not be able to grant the mount or provide any replacements of items used to attempt in obtaining this. You would need to get with a friend or someone else to help in obtaining this again if you needed a new glider.

If you need help with anything else, or just a question, please do reach back out! Farewell and have a great rest of your afternoon! :slight_smile:

First of all you don’t loot Sundancer directly because he doesn’t DIE, he just bows and then disappears and the loot goes directly into your bags…so they aren’t even giving the correct information on this. I thought they fixed it so that the mount drops guaranteed for whoever lands him but I guess that isn’t the case and they won’t correct it if it is supposed to be that way.

1 Like

you should probably post this in the customer service forum

1 Like

You got borked.

You have to buy a specific item to get him, not a glider.

Wow head is your friend in this one.

2 Likes

You use Skystrider Glider…I know how to get him down, and you can’t land him unless you have the Skystrider Glider

1 Like

Your using the wrong glider.

No I’m not. You literally can’t stay mounted on Sundancer and land him if you use the wrong one.

1 Like

???

I’d really love to know what part of it exactly they consider to be “secret.”

Not sure because it’s already out there about the items you need and the invisible buff that is on you after you use the glider.

1 Like

It was all known from the very start, even before you could make the glider. First time I saw Sundancer I looked it up and it was all spelled out. Top post on Wowhead explaining it all is from BfA.

1 Like

The specific item is a glider.

So, I had the exact same issue as you. Put in half a dozen tickets to find out what the hell went wrong. Eventually, a GM actually read my ticket and explained.

There’s a third, hidden component. It’s actually pointed out on a Support article about Sundancer. It’s the “Echo of Dresaelus” buff. When you use the glider while under the blessing, a third buff is triggered, the aforementioned Echo. This buff is invisible and lasts 5 minutes. You have to kill Sundancer before this buff runs out, or you won’t get a guaranteed drop.

TLDR; There’s a 5 minute timer from the moment you use the glider, and you have to kill Sundancer before it runs out.

EDIT: I should also add that if you die you lose the buff, too.

2 Likes