No SL Monk Updates?

This is insane.

How can other classes get multiple updates regarding their class changes, but certain classes like Monk and Rogue get 0 Blue Posts?

I know they don’t even look at these forums, but its absolutely insane to me that we went through the entire alpha with 0 changes, despite GOOD feedback on the alpha forum and at Peak of Serenity that will have just entirely been ignored.

7 Likes

Almost makes you wonder if we’re missing something.

I think in the majority of feedback sources we [the community] try to hit multiple facets of the conversation as best we can even if it means being argumentative in the thread or wherever your posting but ultimately we see no adjustments made anywhere.

It becomes incredibly difficult to have the same conversations with the same people in visible places before you realize that almost nobody your talking to is playing the class anymore unless they are a raid tank.

2 Likes

It’s just infuriating. Even simple things, like Blackout Kick not using the Brewmaster’s weapon animation like Blackout Strike did have been ignored. Things that would be insanely simple to fix. It’s just disheartening.

Thank you though for being a voice on the forums in the SL threads trying to get these points across. I guess we have to hope that they are reading the forums and just not posting responses.

4 Likes

I have quit the class and I hate it but I am tired of blizzard ignoring it. It seems so many people have left the class and with so little representation it should throw some alarms that it needs some fundamental work. It is not a numbers thing but the fact that 2 out of the 3 specs have some core issues with how they play. Some quick examples are that SEF is still a buggy mess and MW mastery needs a very hard look.

1 Like

Half of the monk covenants don’t work, MW majority of abilities don’t utilize mastery including said covenants, all scaling poorly as before. We went ALL of alpha with no updates and they said they’re no longer making major changes into Beta. This class will be an afterthought in SL as it was in BFA. If you value your time and effort, and especially if you’re interested in anything high end, DO NOT PLAY MONK.

1 Like

At this point they may as well just call the class Brewmaster and delete the other 2 specs

2 Likes

At this would amazing and its honestly so disheartening that those animations aren’t usable with any polearm/staff transmog.

1 Like

This is unfortunate, I think I missed it; I was holding out hope that the silence meant they were doing A LOT of work and as such it merited a single redesign post instead of random pieces with no context.

I understand having a class with some poor direction in alpha not having enough time to fix for launch. But monk has been in a bad spot for a long time on live.

I know forum posts like to get really hyperbolic but I honestly think

Is a completely reasonable thing to say.

Here’s some “kidding (not kidding)” hyperbole: Turn monk into the intro class that people play in the level 10 zone; then at the end, they can transcend into a real class.

1 Like

Is 2hand WW even working yet? 2hand WW looks to be the most exciting thing planned for monks in SL.

Blizzard!
DO SOMETHING TO HELP THE MW MONK TO NOT SUCK THIS EXPAC.

1 Like

Not yet. Most of our additions are not working completely.