No scaling = fun

Im having fun for the first time in a very long time in BG now that scaling is gone. Im good to QQ on forum whent hings doesnt go well but well played on this one blizz.

7 Likes

I missed bickering a low geared people. Also, there seems to be way more 1 sided games, being spawned camped in warsong gulch and many others. Not always horde or alliance, but games are more frequently becoming lopsided.

PvP scaling has next to nothing to do with your fun… it’s because 1)damage is INCREDIBLY high, favoring casters in bgs because they don’t need to physically move to kill targets before even touched. 2) the fun aspect you have could be referencing dumping on poorly geared toons in seconds rather than giving lesser geared players a sliver of chance

8 Likes

And that is fun .

Better than ppl never dying.

5 Likes

True but there’s a huge happy medium in it. I’m also responding to why it’s not pvp scaling that is allowing him “fun” but the other reasons

1 Like

Yeah the quality of PVP in SL so far is very poor. Scaling let you fight, now it is just who has the best gear no skill is needed.

3 Likes

Watch your opponents go away and never come back. Have your fun now, because there will be precious little of it during Shadowlands.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that 9/10 matches that end with either you or the enemy being spawn camped for 7 minutes by a team that is nothing but priests and hunters is fun. But you do you.

3 Likes

Of course it does. Legion was unplayable because of Templates and Scaling was a bold LIE to the players. We don’t like being lied too… well maybe you do but most people don’t. Scaling and Templates ruined PvP and removing them is required for PvP to be FUN in this game.

With Scaling gone SL actually has a chance to be good.

Legion had some great perks with templates, the old people’s champ left the game and I didn’t have to worry about pve to get the stats I needed.

5 Likes

It’s not unplayable because you decided to skip the expansion.

Scaling has nothing to do with that, however, damage being high is all on tuning, even people of equal gear levels are killing eachother extremely quickly right now… Suffice to say if scaling was still here the damage would be just as high as it is now.

99.9% it will be back at max level.
Templates provided more of an equal footing. But many don’t enjoy equal footing so I get your point.

Then PvP will be ruined again and the majority of PvP players will be pissed.

Templates made this game unplayable because it ruined the core aspect of the game which is an RPG. The majority of players hate templates/scaling

It’s an RPG game the footing is equal if you go out and get BiS gear. That is how gear based games work. The game is balanced around BiS gear.

currently in beta its still off at max lvl

1 Like

Good PvP is saved. I was prepared to raise my Conduits/Legendary to high level then wear green gear to pump my Conduit/Leggo dmg. With all these systems scaling would of been infinitely worse in SL. It was a bad idea all around then coded poorly.

Good riddance to Scaling and PvP has a chance in SL to be great again for the first time in many expansions.

PvP is saved, until you want to level/gear a new character and realize you need to raid or do dungeons to gear up for PvP because the game is set up in a way that you will get 2 shot if you set foot in a BG without already being geared.

BFA’s Scaling was a problem, it needed to be removed, but that doesn’t mean nothing should replace it. The Ilvl floor we had in WoD, where all gear below that floor (which was just below what the honor gear was) was scaled up to that floor, to give players who just want to PvP a path to do so without needing to do PvE first, is what needs to replace it… Otherwise “PvE to PvP” is going to be Shadowlands’ PvP legacy, and that’s not good either.

(also PvE trinkets need to be nerfed into the ground in PvP, or better yet outright disabled, as they were in WoD)

5 Likes

No scaling imo, no gear scaling either. It feels weird to watch your character sheet fluctuate in different game modes. There should just be a pvp quest that gives players an armor set of benthic style gear. It should start at reasonable ilvl, mythic 0 or so and be upgradable to normal raid gear at least.

Then players could enter ranked play to upgrade all the way to mythic raid ilvl or complete non-ranked challenges to get to at least heroic ilvl.

2 Likes

Think we can all agree on that.

Wrong. Nothing needs to replace it. The best PvP in this game happened before Templates/Scaling and has a chance to happen again when they are gone. That is why PvP is saved by removing them.

PvP doesn’t need some wonky messed up system. It never did and still doesn’t. What would be better is the gearing process. The focus should be on the gearing process not some system that can only make PvP worse.

The most important part of this game is the gearing process, it’s power progression. It is supposed to be enjoyable and create excitement. That is why we play RPGs. So lets work on that gearing process, it’s that simple. Gear should be very impactful and make a huge impact in this game since it’s a gear based game. We just need to remove a lot of the RNG and work on how power is attained.

2 Likes

WoD was before templates/scaling. WoD is widely considered to have the best PvP gearing system in the game’s history.

And absolutely none of that would be harmed by returning the ilvl floor from WoD, all it does is remove the need to PvE before you can PvP, you still need to do the entire PvP gear progression of getting honor gear, and then getting conquest gear.

6 Likes