Why no RPPVP?!

The idea of a “FRESH” Realm is entirely appealing for some players.

It is evident with how private servers worked.

A new server would pop up and many would join said server to obtain server first achievement (*not achievements system…)

But I do believe there will be at the very least one RP PvP Realm. They wouldn’t want to put out 3 and have 2 dead realms.

The problem with the fresh crowded mentality is they aren’t exactly known for there love for role playin i do see your point though about it. But Rpers and classic itself is a huge time sink.

1 Like

Right, I wasn’t speaking on RP Servers specifically, more on servers in general.

Like Blizzard has said before. They want to start lean and I am sure they acknowledge that players want an RP-PvP server.

So there will be at the very least one, to start out lean. And add another one when the first one gets full.

Because let’s be real, not many will be choosing RP realms. But that does not mean that the RP community is small.

Sadly, Ion has been firmly against it while the team itself is not Ion is, sorta why we got that megathread going to get a single one so far.

While I do agree that RP realms are not the majority, they’re PVP RP-PVP from all polls shown, seem to be more popular then RP.

He wasn’t against it. He just wasn’t sure what the community wanted, and it’s been pretty vocal about it. I would want to play on an RP PVP Ream as well.

Do you know when we are going to find out if there is one or not?

When they allow us to reserve character names on Realms in advance of the launch.

All the Info we have now on RP-PVP is here

Most likely it’ll be at the reserve character name thing, since they haven’t given the NA side a time about server’s etc. So if it’s not there then we won’t be getting it any time soon sadly.

1 Like

Ion said he wanted to wait and see what the community would say about it. And how we felt about having an RP-PVP Realm and I’m sure they have seen how many people interacted with the subject.

Because it’s weird. Thx. Close thread.

Imagine a multi-billion dollar corporation using third world countries to make their product where the workers are paid in cents.

To answer the OP, they probably concluded the health of the server long run would be poor and thus decided not to do it?

Dude, we are all well versed on what he said.

1 Like

Some people say Ion is pretty firm about no RP-PVP Realm. But, that’s not how he feels.

Just making that clear. The community wants an RP-PVP Realm and we will fill that one Realm, if they decide to make a second one, that will be good if the first one gets crowded quickly.

Because Blizzard has vastly underestimated the number of active players Classic is going to retain, that’s why.

3 Likes

Ofcourse, which is why he stated “We want to start lean with the number of Realms.”

When did Goldshire represent an entire realm?

Goldshire’s always been a hive of scum and villainy on any server.

2 Likes

This guy has been attempting (poorly) to bait people with the moonguard garbage in multiple threads. Best to treat them as what they are:

1 Like

In RP PVP we trust, its RP PVP or bust!

Make the server Blizzard!

1 Like

There are 4 scenarios:
1-They open a realm and the demand is high enough for it to work
2-They open it but the demand isn’t high enough so it ends up being merged with another realm
3-They don’t open it and the demand never gets high enough to justify being one
4-They don’t open it and there’s enough people playing classic demanding for it that they open one later one.

1 and 3 are the ones where their assumption was right while 2 and 4 are the ones where they were wrong at the start. There isn’t much to say about 1 and 3 but regarding 2 and 4: what would be worse? Considering all the problems merging realms can have on the players, specially on an RP realm where character identity is so important, scenario 2 would be by far the worst scenario possible and therefor it should be avoided.

You know why, there isnt enough people.

Look at the ratio of rp-pvp to other servers on retail.

When have they actually ever merged realms?

There are no pvp servers, much less rppvp servers in retail. Also, the reasons for the decline of rppvp servers since vanilla has been discussed and outlined at length. Scroll up.