No Reason Why The Slime Cat Shouldn't Be In LFR

Who are these people?

So I have this friend, known her since '03 and we both played Resto Druids in MoP. One day she asks me for help on how to heal better so I’m like sure and I tell her all the things, help her with her gear, and setup some WeakAuras for her. Then I stand behind her and she does a flex run and I watch her play and she can’t keep up the harmony buff to save her life :laughing: It’s not hard to keep up harmony you just have to use a direct heal (Swiftmend, Regrowth, Nourish), it should stay up from playing naturally but nope she couldn’t do it AND there was my big weakaura text sitting on the screen !!!HARMONY!!! totally ignored :weary:

Some people say they want to be better but they don’t, they don’t WANT IT, they just would like it, they would like to win a million dollars but they aren’t going to work to make a million dollars it’s just it would be nice to have. You have to WANT IT

Bad players don’t WANT IT, they just would like to be magically better without trying.

Pause, right there guy with your fingers on the keys, I’m not talking about anyone with disabilities or people with conditions that keep them from playing better I’m just talking about the people lacking drive.

I mean, I have the mount, cleared with no issue.

For most people it isn’t a skill issue, its time commitment. Alot of them can do M+20’s but cannot commit to 2-3 hours of uninterrupted play because of IRL stuff. But they can commit to an hour of uninterrupted play for PvP and M+ keys or an LFR wing.

1 Like

Is not simply being better or more organized than those people its own reward, though? Do you not already get a lot of gear and content that is locked off to them? Why does the Slime Cat - which was an option on a community poll arbitrarily assigned to this task - need to also display that superiority? And a superiority that only distinguishes between Normal and LFR, no less?

I haven’t met any actual, living people that care about this at all. Most got the Slime Cat in passing without even knowing it exists.

It just seems like a hypothetical demographic that Blizzard is catering to here. One that doesn’t really exist. Like the pet battlers that would be upset that a Dracthyr might Soar from pet to pet faster than they. It’s a demographic that is more hypothetical than anything. And appeasing them certainly isn’t worth antagonizing infinitely larger demographics.

ROFL you say it in the OP yet people still accuse you of wanting handouts.

Post a picture? Sometimes people need pictures.

2 Likes

I mean I even say go check my armory, its even there now! They just need to click my portrait and go to my armory page.

1 Like

Tovi, I’m actually kind of disappointed in you here because normally I think you post some pretty good commentary, but here you are just ignorantly dismissive at best, and blatantly lied at your worst.

This go to word of yours is pretty low brow. I think the post you responded to was pretty clear, even if the events I was speaking to were intentionally vague. This sort of feigned idiocy doesn’t become you.

I clearly stated multiple times when you’ve brought this up.

So you know the point of what I wrote. I don’t believe for a second your reading comprehension is too poor understand it, so that it merely comes across to you as “word vomit.” Your vocabulary and grammar gives you away.

And only now you’re admitting you understood all along when you kept bringing up the first point? How massively dishonest is that? I also already explained this point that you’re pretending again to not understand.

Why should I believe you this time that you don’t understand? Because honestly, I don’t and never did. But as I said earlier, it is best to assume someone is being honest even when you’re pretty sure they aren’t, so they can simply expose themselves as you have.

I tap danced nothing. I explained every point I made. I explained why every point you made was not valid or at times not even relevant. I don’t even need to go back and dig up from my quotes on that because I’ve already used many of them here, but here is another anyway.

That you ignored points and clarifications I made or called called them “word vomit,” then went back to the straw manning of my already admitted hyperbolic statement again was peak dishonesty on your part.

Don’t play the victim because I didn’t tag you, when you were intentionally talking past me already by responding to a single word from whole posts post taken out of context to react to.

I’ve talked no nonsense and I’ve repeated and clarified points when I thought someone was unclear or ignoring them. You’ve intentionally obfuscated your own ideas beyond the one that you’re unhappy about how the achievement was made to work. When I’ve asked direct questions to pin down exactly where you’re at, with little exception you choose to “tap dance” around it and/or regress the conversation.

Not once. Dishonesty requires denying what one has said, or ignoring valid points from the other side of a conversation. Anyone who has read this far can be quite confidant I’ve actively avoided doing both of these. You on the other hand

I think I’ve provided quite a few examples in this post now. You even admitted to one of them. You repeatedly brought up a point I wasn’t arguing, even after I agreed I didn’t think the OP was either, and I was just using it as the extreme example to illustrate the problem with “no reason why the slime cat shouldn’t be in LFR.” Using this as a point to hide behind, while ignoring points made in the post you are addressing is extremely dishonest, and again, I’m kind of disappointed in you.

1 Like

I really don’t care if you’re disappointed because you just typed a whole bunch of words without saying anything.

There is no justification or clarification for what you said. This isn’t about some fictitious group of people that want to log on or do RF for free stuff. You’re trying you’re hardest to make this connection but there’s no connection to make.

We are talking about the cat because the cat comes with a backstory. For 3 months Blizzard led people to believe that they could earn this cat in RF. The picture has been posted multiple times.

There wasn’t an achievement that said for three months that if you log on, you get mailed gear.
There wasn’t an achievement that said for three months that if you did raid finder that you will get the highest ilevel gear.

That’s why we are talking about the cat and all this word vomit you keep spewing is just you getting angry that I dared to call you dishonest. Sorry not sorry, you were being dishonest.

5 Likes

That’s our community, there’s players that will go against some changes even requested by players that already got X,Y. For example, I suggested some changes to Sha of Anger respawn timer or amount of attempts per week, so you don’t need too many alts. I got the mount after 7500 attempts, I’d prefer improvements, then you get players talking about rarity, you must suffer because i suffer mentallity
etc.

When i didn’t ask for any % change but attempts or at least less time waiting for a spawn.

Oh I know. Most of them are contrary just for the sake of being contrary because they didn’t say one word when it was assumed for three months that you could get it in RF.

2 Likes

It’s funny because they said “well it was really clear that it was intended for normal”, but you got collectors like me doing a post on the middle of July asking for the reward to be evergreen if it was going to be a LFR difficulty lvl and a lot of comments on wowhead since it was datamined talking about LFR.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m kinda impressed at Blizzard’s balls at this point. After BFA and SL, in their 9.2.5 patch of the worst expansion they’ve ever done, on the heels of a year where they could not stop shooting themselves in the head IRL
 they not only double down on literally nothing for a casual non-raider to accomplish
 they are blowing off reams of negative feedback and sticking to their guns, keeping the one thing these folks are asking for out of their hands.

What a crazily stupid hill for Blizzard to die on
 but I’m impressed by their sheer gall at this point.

1 Like

I don’t know if it has something to do with their backbone or the fact the cat would be the perfect test bed for their new booster chat channel.

1 Like

Also no reason beyond “I want it to be” as to why it should be.

4 Likes

That would be like calling Mr. Magoo courageous for getting into all the hijinks he found himself in

1 Like

For some reason I cannot fathom, I’m giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt here and assuming they know what they’re doing and they at least think they have a very good reason for doing it.

Like someone made Ion slow clap with a tear in his eyes when they explained why Slime Cat should only be availible via Normal Raiding at least. That far, no further.

That’s not true.

For one thing, both me and Void have the cat so what difference does it make if it’s in RF?

And for another, I gave my reason for why it should. I used the “Wal Mart” situation as an example. You heard that this shirt was onsale for $5. You seen fliers that the shirt was going to be $5 weeks before the sale began. You go to the store and grab your $5 shirt and when you get to the register the cashier said “no it was $10. Kick rocks.”

Blizzard should have admitted they made a mistake they ignored for three months, left it in RF as a show of good faith/customer service then told people from now on season 4 mounts will be normal or higher.

Whispering in a thread on a forum that most of your customers don’t come to and slithering into live like the snake you are to make a live update to the achievement is a scummy move.

1 Like

So they should have gone with the original original intent, and not let fated be active in LFR at all?

4 Likes

How does that address my post? I have no idea what you’re talking about. When did they say RF wasn’t going to be Fated?

1 Like