No RDF will equal less dungeons run

When RDF came out I ran a lot more dungeons back in original Wrath. Without it the first few months people will still run instances while leveling and gearing up. But then we will see people just raid logging. Current players have a lot less WOW time then we did during original Wrath. My current observation is also people do not like to be the one to form and lead a party. With RDF you can just jump into the instance and go

49 Likes

People seem to be running lots of dungeons currently without it.

10 Likes

But the quality of the Dungeon runs will be a lot better. That’s what matters.

7 Likes

On mega servers… and not so much in the older content.

8 Likes

Raid logging is completely inevitable. Without RDF people will raid log with a main and maybe an alt. With RDF, people will level other alts to 80… then raid log on another character or two. The end result is exactly the same. In the end most people will only log on for raid nights.

4 Likes

This is the thing the anti-RDF gatekeepers are unable to counter. It is the reason there’s always such a tank shortage despite so many classes being able to dualspec swap to tanking. People do not like to step up and lead.

This is basic human psychology which holds true even outside of game, where there’s much more followers than leaders, it’s how humankind evolved. And Blizzard is so out of touch thinking that Gamers, the group much more likely to follow than lead which is why they’re at home playing videogames in the first place, will step up and be lead or break the ice and be social.

12 Likes

This is highly true, proven time and time again by pservers.

It’s also what I am here for, 80’s in each class to do with as I please. Content with any roll/class that calls for the need.

2 Likes

That’s such a dishonest take. I currently run ~1 dungeon every other day or so, if I can even get in a group. I’d prefer to run about 12+ a day like in the old days when RDF was introduced.

23 Likes

I’d argue quality is irrelevant when the dungeons aren’t even that hard. I need a couple people with a pulse to press shadow bolt and fire bolt so I can get my xp

7 Likes

You and your friends are going to run dungeons for the entire expansion huh? It’s such short sighted logic please man

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to trying out FF14 instead of wasting my time on WotLKC

14 Likes

idk man…sure i pugged a few things since the beginning of tbc. But usually and still the guild does stuff together.

1 Like

The only way to get RDF back is to blow up this forum.

If that doesn’t work, /wave noping on out.

5 Likes

Guilds bypass both RDF and the new Gatekeeping Tool, and as such can’t be used to argue for or against either.

3 Likes

Quality doesn’t just mean player skill.

By the time you’re geared from Ulduar you can 3-man every heroic with the possible exception of Oculus. I don’t remember if the dragons are potent enough - but considering you can beat it with 5 of the same type regardless of color I imagine so.

Very few of them even have mechanics that would allow a single player to prevent the other 4 from completing it.

I play on leveling a fresh tank using the LFG tool. Going to camp in front of dungeons, form groups, and summon. Going to be a blast.

1 Like

Weird tanks have an easy time finding groups?

ALert the media this ground breaking new information.

6 Likes

Yeah it’s my big brain strat. Also I just like tanking.

1 Like

100% fewer 5 mans will be ran. From top to bottom. Pretty much all the content pre-Wotlk can be considered a ghost town. Just wasted space.

Then we got a really lame group finding tool to replace RDF. Come though on a great finder like Blizzard said and we can talk. Do nothing and sit on the hands with what we got and give it up… and just put RDF in.

7 Likes