No range increase = no rogue

Acrobatic strikes should be baseline for every melee spec. It’s already hard enough to hit stuff at acrobatic strikes range. So many anti-melee mechanics that force you to run out and just stand there afk, and even with acrobatic strikes a lot of pulls in M+ are already difficult to hit stuff. Pull everything in AA at tree and you do nothing but skirting the edges to stay out of range of swirlies while chasing mobs.

If we get this horrible melee range I will probably just play something else, this isn’t fun anymore.

16 Likes

i’m gonna add my opinion as well.

after playing with acrobatic strikes in legion, every single other melee class i played felt like it was being hamstrung without it.
i agree that as a QOL change for all, melee should be 8yd range.

as for acrobatic strikes, it should be replaced by something suitably roguelike. or roguelite. roguey. row row row your boat.

1 Like

Just to put this in context. It makes sense if base melee range has been creeping up over the years.

Abilities like Blade Flurry will definitely need to be addressed.

2 Likes

Except that in the current scenario the melee range is garbo without acrobatic strikes. Without acrobatic strikes you have to stand inside the mobs, it’s already dance dance revolution at +3y, it’ll be atrocious at “default” range.

2 Likes

Acrobatic Strikes isn’t part of my build, so it’s not really an issue for me.

It should 100% be in the outlaw tree.

1 Like

This quote is so confusing because base melee range has never been touched. It always was and still is 5 yards. Unless they are saying that the plan is to make 8 yards the base for every melee?

3 Likes

Plenty of melee specs/builds (including Rogue) in the game don’t have +3 yds and are fine. Not to mention pre-DF when it was less common. Avoiding melee-hostile mechanics while maintaining good uptime is what melee is all about! And frankly the current state of affairs is an uneven playing field.

However I would like to see +3 yds on Blade Flurry at least, either baseline or as a talent. Assa, sub, pretty much every class has a 10+ yd radius on their AoE rotation. Restricting Outlaw’s AoE to 5 yds would make its positioning requirements much harder than other melee. Which is also unfair. I assume this is a big reason Outlaw was given +3yds in the first place.

It’s not confusing to me.

Extended melee is something they are concerned about and plan to address it before it gets more stupid.

1 Like

Having to stand inside enemy models is not fine.

You don’t realize how bad this whole dance dance revolution uptime is until you get gutted when you can’t, i.e. ADR.

I rather quit playing than go back to -3y.

7 Likes

Nerf the range of casters and MM hunters then or else it becomes world of range craft.

Well except for the fact that the extra range they gave casters and hunters is way more stupid. In PVP it is not that big of a deal but for PVE this is a huge edge for range if they remove extra range for all melee specs in the game.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

2 Likes

I can assure you that we’re in no danger of MM hunters taking over PvE, even with our extended range. Raids have sort of always been ‘world of rangecraft’ but MMs extra range hasn’t put it over the top of other ranged basically ever, and in M+ you might as well not have it since with only one healer you’re usually just dead if you’re standing far off in a corner somewhere.

2 Likes

I want a DPS increase to make up for the increased danger tax we have to pay.

2 Likes

They already had that factored into our Class Tree and you’re not going to like what they place the trade off value at.

no one else had that, why would outlaw get it? they should remove al lrange extenders tbh. i shouldnt be able to do my rotation while in africa

Tell me you don’t play outlaw without telling me you don’t play outlaw.

2 Likes

i play outlaw, but again the lack of range can be fixed by adding it to BF like how me and others talked about.

having range extensions is putting a bad bandage on a bigger issue, a bandage every other melee spec gets jealous off. its bad design. cat shouldnt have it either

1 Like

Ret paladin has stupid big extended range across the majority of its kit. Excited for much of that to go, too.

8 Likes

Yeah but why?

Frost DKs and Rets rely on that extended range because they lack mobility. Rogues have that extra range to avoid damage because they are Rogues.

BlizZard’s position is dumb if they leave in the range increases they gave all casters and hunters while taking away melee extended range.

In PVE and PVP that is going to be brutal for DKs and Rets. Rogues still have CloS for PVE and Feint (w/elusivness) but still annoying for a pure melee DPS.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

For the same reason that they eliminated casting while moving after experimenting with it in Mists. It’s too much license for the role.

1 Like