No Oribos portal in Org

I paid to faction transfer a level 54 hunter and he had no portal to oribos in Orgrimmar. I was on a completely dead server at the time and couldn’t even get a mage portal to Oribos, so I opened a ticket. No response, ticket disappeared. So I opened another ticket (after finally finding some friends to summon me into the shadowlands so that I at least could keep leveling the dude!). That ticket also disappeared with no response. Then I server transferred over to my main’s server. Still no oribos portal. Maybe I’ll have better luck here in the forums? It seems like it might be a phasing issue? It’s not the most game-breaking thing now that I have my hearth set in Shadowlands, but it’s still pretty frustrating.

The only tickets I can see on this account, Fednghar, is from about 26 days ago and looks like a stuck character request using our automated system.

If you did attempt to put in a ticket, it doesn’t look like you completed the process. The final page should provide a Ticket ID, you didn’t receive one, the ticket wasn’t entered.

Do you have a portal available in Oribos to Orgrimmar? Do you have the other portals available in the Portal Room in Orgrimmar?

You’ll need to submit a ticket so a Game Master can take a look. I don’t see any quest lines that you are on currently that would phase you, so it might be something else.

We don’t have a specific category for this so I’d use “Stuck on Quest”. I should note two things. First, the system will try to recommend self-help options so make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page and complete the submission process. Second, quest confusion/UI issues is one of our more frequent contacts, so you may receive an automatic reply that covers many of the same self-help recommendations you may have seen on the submission page. If you do, reopen your ticket.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I guess I …failed? to put in a ticket. HOW VEXING.

Anyway. Yes, I have a portal available in oribos to orgrimmar, and all the other portals are available in (both of) the portal room(s) in org, the only one missing is the Oribos portal. Weirdly, I can see the npc mages standing there keeping the portal open, and can see other people walk up to it, click it, and teleport to Oribos, but I can neither see the portal nor can I click it myself.

As to opening a ticket… apparently I failed twice to get a ticket actually open, so I guess I must have never made it to the bottom? I’m working on opening a ticket now. Thanks again!

*update: Got a ticket in… Funnily enough my wife showed me where I was going wrong, bless her.

3 Likes

I took another look at the character and it turns out, you may be on a quest line that would phase you.

It looks like you have the Legion intro quests started, but stopped before the quest that would return the area to normal.

You’ll want to leave Orgrimmar and head straight out of the gate, Sylvanas should be waiting for you with the quest “Emissary”. Turn Trivial Quest tracking on in your minimap options, it will help you locate the quest easier.

Completing those quests up through “Keep your Friends Close” should allow the portal to be visible to you.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, this thread got off-topic and turned from a portal issue to a naming issue.

I won’t use the name here, but I highly suggest you petition in and request a name change. It is better coming from the source than the name being reported as inappropriate.

8 Likes