No old world dragon riding in 10.1.5

Wtf cheap company

Huge yikes.

1 Like

Uhhh…

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so adamantly against hitting space bar. I read your post and I think “sometimes it is better for all parties involved to fire a customer”. You will be happier, I will be happier, and Blizzard will be happier if you find a game that accommodates whatever you have going on that prevents you from hitting space bar.

1 Like

Dude when did I ever say I don’t hit spacebar? I jump off the tower and hit spacebar four times while going straight up. Which means I’m about 1k higher than I need to be anywhere on the map. But get back in a hurry? Nah. Also I bet I’ve been playing longer than you, and I’m sure I’ll also be here after you’re gone. I’m a lifer.

But way to head down the slippery slope of “this game is not for you.” I mean we’re only talking about a thing that hasn’t been in the game until less than a year ago. I damned certain will not quit over it. Just don’t expect me to like it either.

4 Likes

Says who? Everyone seems to be getting different info on this but what I read was that they were planning to slowly implement it into old world with it being optional, and it would be working on some but not all mounts. They dont just hit a button and suddenly every mount can be dragonriding,this is gonna take a good bit of time to implement,theres like 8 or 900 mounts. I fully believe it will be there though,just probably take a couple mini patch cycles.

This seems to confirm it. Based on reading it literally.

1 Like

Does make the datamined static flight/dynamic flight toggle seem a bit weird unless they’re trying to lay things down for future patches.

2 Likes

Indie company stikes again.

Guys, more important than ever to give your feedback on this over here on Dragon Riding in the old world.

1 Like

Why would they add dragonriding to all the dragon mounts?

2 Likes

They seem to have updated the original post to state that the Kalimdor Cup will be a recurring event.

(https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-kalimdor-cup/1596833)

That being said, nowhere in the roadmap did they ever state that full dragonriding is coming anytime soon to any of the old zones. The roadmap explicitly states that a new Dragonriding Event called “Kalimdor Grand Prix” is coming and nothing else regarding dragonriding.

(https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23951678/in-development-fractures-in-time)

Finally, the datamined “Flight Style” spells are far from confirmation that dragonriding is coming to old zones, IMO. Those spells could easily be coming just to the Dragon Isles before being added to other zones, assuming the older zones eventually get full dragonriding added.

It’s disappointing news, but full dragonriding in old zones was never quite stated to be a thing coming in 10.1.5.

1 Like

Hold up. It’s only gonna happen on the PTR? So it’s never coming to retail?

It would be. They would likely count this mini event as giving dragonriding to the old world.

I think you mean taken from crypto scams.

MoP dragons can fly everywhere… except in DF. That sounds racist.

On top of that, they’ve already determined buffs that let you switch between AFK flying and dragonriding. And the buffs activate in every single zone and every expansion.

I am too, but if they still enable dragonriding for old mounts at least I can wait a bit longer for old world dragonriding.

I assume old world dragonriding won’t be a thing until after Dragonflight to be honest.

Nothing like drawing conclusions based on incomplete PTR information months before the content goes live, that must mean it’s 100% intended and won’t change at all.

1 Like

I want DR everywhere. Old flight is painfully slow, and makes it difficult for me to enjoy doing old world content these days.

3 Likes