No NPC Left Behind

WoW is a pretty massive game filled to the brim with all kinds of interesting and unique characters. Some of these people pop up throughout the expansions, but it seems like many of these characters we never see again. Who are some of your favorite NPCs that have fallen by the wayside that you’d like to see return in larger roles in the future?

The biggest one for me is Nazgrel, the guy in charge of Thrallmar. He played a big role in BC and then he just vanishes. He’s arguably one of my favorite characters, he really represented Thrall’s Horde in my eyes; strong and stern but caring for the people in his service. Second one for me would be Eligor Dawnbringer from the Argent Crusade. With Tirion gone and the Black Empire having almost risen, it’d be cool to see him step up and put together a group of faction neutral individuals dedicated to hunting down the remnants of the Black Empire.

What about everyone else? Who would you like to see make a return to the game? I’ll also point out that Milhouse Manastorm was absent all of BfA, which I firmly believe led to the expansion’s failure.

4 Likes

I wish we would get more shenanigans with Riko & Kiryn. And maybe see a bit more of Jadaar & Asric’s bickering.

And I miss Admiral Taylor. I liked serving under him in Cata & MoP so it was a shame what happened to him in WoD. If he popped up in Shadowlands, that’d be fantastic.

4 Likes

Sorry, he’s still in my garrison, keeping my engineering shack well maintained.

RIP Amber Kearnen.
Done dirty for a sidequest.

10 Likes

Leatherworker and Fruit vendor are top kek. I want to see the great Apple war in Outland.

1 Like

Lantressor, emerging from the mines after 50 years, wondering where everyone went.

5 Likes

I’m just hoping they don’t forget about all the Allied Race NPC’s moving forward. Kiro, Mayla, and Geya’rah could use some more fleshing out compared to Thalyssra or Talanji.

Oh man, tons of NPCs that I’d be hype to see given more attention. Basically 90% of the order hall champions, but more specifically.

Amal’thazad, Thisalee Crow, Ritssyn Flamescowl, Meryl Felstorm.

2 Likes

darius crowley :pensive:

2 Likes

Everyone already mentioned, plus… deep breath

Thura Saurfang, Raene Wolfrunner, Gorgonna, Apothecaries Lydon and Faranell, Jojo Ironbrow, Sully, Thisalee Crow (no, I’m not a copy of her! But it felt like running into a twin when I went through Hyjal), Aponi Brightmane and Tahu Sagewind, Sassy Hardwrench, Gryan Stoutmantle, Elling Trias, the entire House of Nobles, Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker, Tess Greymane and Lorna Crowley, Relara Whitemoon all grown up, Helcular and his rod jokes, Kelsey Steelspark

gasps for air

Basically, I love seeing all the little stories in WoW and seeing small side characters reappear here and there. I love, love, love the Westfall Encampment in WotLK and want more situations like those.

3 Likes

Probably plenty that aren’t coming to mind, but I’d like to see Gidwin, Terenar, and Fiona, Dark Ranger Velonara, Koltira and Thassarian, and Asric and Jadaar.

1 Like

Tholo Whitehoof and Anren Shadowseeker.

For… reasons.

1 Like

I miss Feronas Sindweller and Telarius Voidstrider. I’m upset by Telarius Voidstrider’s exclusion from the Darkshore rework in BfA. Especially immediately after the demon hunter expansion. I would’ve liked to at least meet him as a demon hunter and have him change responses to me. And Feronas Sindweller is my last vestige of demon hunters as wood hermits that I enjoy so thoroughly.

And Baron Rivendare is my favorite death knight, for boring reasons. I hope he comes back around anyway, in some form. I liked a lot of the dungeon bosses in general.

1 Like
  • While not in-game at all, Jevan ‘Stormsong’ Grimtotem would be nice. I like the idea of tauren that are a hair on the darker side, but not outright burger tribe supremacists. He fits that bill nicely.

• Confessor Paletress or Eadric the Pure: The Argents are long overdue to stop dragging their feet and elect a new leader since Tirion against all legal advice took a bath in fel lava. With the Ebon Blade raring to go head first into Shadowlands, one would think the Argents would also hear the call. Either of them could work well for this role. Leonis Bartholomew could also work for this purpose.

• Sassy Hardwrench is a memorable character. I’d like to see her more involved in the power structure of the Bilgewater Cartel & the Horde in general.

4 Likes

I’m just wondering when they’ll finally make Me’dan an NPC :stuck_out_tongue: (Not really pls no)

Nazgrel’s my big missed fellow. He was fairly important in Warcraft 3, Classic, and BC. Now he’s just kinda rotting in Thrallmar. He was super loyal to Thrall so I’d be keen to see him return now that Thrall is orc leader once again.

Other than that I’m always down for seeing some more Gidwin Goldbraids and Tarenar Sunstriker.

On the Forsaken front I also really liked Deathstalker Commander Belmont - I’d like to see more of him too!!

3 Likes

If they don’t give him a whip and have him battle through Revendreth then I just don’t know what the writers are doing with their lives.

1 Like

Blizzard, where’s High Captain Justin Bartlett?
Are you really going to let him sit in the Halls of Reflection forever?

The man who gave us the quote; “The best war is a swift war. The same can be said of conversation” deserves another post!

Less of a return but, I will lament the loss of Ysondre as a potential plot thread in Cataclysm. She shows up in Feralas as the only dragon of nightmare to escape the Nightmare before being thrust back into and corrupted it in Legion. They could’ve done something interesting with a character like that who escaped her supposed demise and was an outcast from her own kind as a green dragon that sought to just live among the mortals for the rest of her days.

But then they just brought them back for Legion because…I don’t know. They wanted a cool nostalgic set piece so they set the character aside and killed her off and now all dragons are in the dream.

And there are TONS of these characters (As evidenced by all the names in this thread) in WoW who have one or two cool story moments or interesting backstories that show up for a zone or a few if they’re lucky and get set aside never to be worked with again.

What’s going on in Duskwood after the whole cult thing in Legion (They did my favorite town so poorly). Did the only guard seen defending the citizens, Sarah Ladimore, take over after most the town was slaughtered or fled in that incident after some time has passed. I really don’t know but I would like to know because I love Duskwood. What happened to the Worgen on Raven Hill?

Why hasn’t the mercenary crew from Zul’Aman, Grizzly Hills, Vash’jr/Uldum of Budd, Adarrah, etc shown up since then. Budd got a cameo in Warlords of draenor as a quest giver in the Tavern but otherwise. Also RIP the Vash’jr Intro. One of the best intros to a quest zone and they removed it. :frowning:

Speaking of Warlords of Draenor, it actually did an ok job of giving us some glimpses of characters past, like Milly Osworth joining the Stormwind Guard and showing up in Spires of Arak. Or seeing that Maybell and Tommy Joe actually got together.

Nice little updates to stories we’ve already seen and experienced. Sure would’ve been nice to see more of it during that expansion and more of it going forward in future expansions, including the upcoming one.

4 Likes