No new disc changes. Cool

So it looks like we are still stuck with what we got. I guess forget smite ever being used again. I really feel like blizzard just doesn’t care about disc

1 Like

I sure hope smite is used since this will be my main in Shadowlands.

DiSc Is ToP tIeR hEaLeR

SkIlL cEiLiNg Is HiGh

How about the disc priest community finally admit it: the current design of disc only worked because of the borrowed power from Light’s Wrath and Azerite traits.

Time to return to what actually worked the 12 years prior to Legion.

19 Likes

While important and something that needs attention and fixing (so it’s a good thing to keep reporting it) I’m really not worried about it, it’s gonna get fixed eventually.

However taking so long with it does post a real issue on the fact that prevents those in beta from properly testing stuff (mostly in the raiding side I think).

Now that Shadow is fixed, it’s definitely time for Blizz to take a hard look at Disc and Holy. It’s crazy to me that we uniquely have access to two healing specs and yet both are at the bottom for M+

11 Likes

Not true, those certainly added a few nice things (obviously that’s what they are designed to do)… But Disc is not really reliant on things like Azerite.

It could definitely use a few stronger M+ focused talents or something to better tailor atonement for different group sizes but otherwise the spec is great, well and some stronger M+ utility could be nice but this is more of a Priest thing rather than a Disc specific issue.

1 Like

Not sure if people here haven’t been keeping up to date with SL changes (which is what I’m assuming this post is aimed at) but disc is looking real good, their legendaries with some conduits are looking to make real good synergy.

It is borrowed power, sure, but the changes to scov and getting new baseline abilities from shadow are pretty cool.

I think automaticjak has a pretty recent overview of disc in SL you guys might want to take a look at.

SPOILER: you guys get a legendary that whenever your dot stops (whether the dot runs out of time or mob dies with dot on it) it heals people in an area, Jak covers it in his video and it seems to be a huge passive heal that just naturally happens while you’re playing disc

6 Likes

Thanks for agreeing!

1 Like

Yeah it is looking good. There are some issues with dps ability bloat causing a claustrophobic rotation especially during a scov + schism window and smite not really being worth using as a general filler but for the most part Disc is fine.

This will likely get nerfed in some form or another. Probably with an internal cooldown. For one of the raid encounters priests could just dot the adds and as the dps killed them the raid was healed to full. It was kind of insane.

1 Like

Lol, like if not every single spec in the game could use some help in one area or another.

Saying that we could use some help in some areas is very different with what you say that the spec needs a rework. Twisting my words doesn’t make you right nor proves your point.

Disc is looking really good overall.

I agree with pretty much all of what was said here :ok_hand:t2:

Would be nice to see disc top for a little while in m+

If I remember correctly season 1 bfa m+ disc was top along with BDKs?

1 Like

Disc or Holy. I’d happily take whichever if it performed well in M+.

I think Druid was still a little bit stronger but Disc was pretty close overall or almost on par. Glimmer wasn’t around for Paladins yet so they were weaker too.

But yeah overall I think Disc was in a very good place for M+ in BFA s1, it was powerful but had clear weaknesses and though weeks so it wasn’t overpowered (well it was for Raids, not in M+).

BDK being meta also made not having a Brez less impactful and helped shore the single target healing weakness.

2 Likes

This sounds about right, as a former disc main I’d like to see them in the m+ spotlight since that’s my main form of content.

I like seeing them now in bfa, too, but it’s just weird at this stage of the expansion that the damaging/heal spec doesn’t do top damage lol.

It makes sense from a balance standpoint though if a disc did as much damage as a hpal the team would never die through atonement

Disc is doing well currently, just takes a good amount of effort and takes a competent team to avoid taking avoidable damage

Actually you’re right. If you’re pugging a lot as I do then Disc can be frustrating. I just looked and I was surprised to see that the Top M+ Disc players have higher raider io scores than Shamans and much higher than Holy.

If I look at the highest Raider io scores, The M+ tier list seems to be

1. Pally/Druid
  2. Disc /Monk
  3. Shaman
  4. Holy

Does that sound about right? If so, Disc is in a better place than I thought.

2 Likes

Yeah they crushed season one. Druids slightly ahead but Disc was a strong contender. Especially since Disc synergizes real well with tanks like Blood DK and Guardian Druid.

Guardian has been kinda weak for a while but once Blood was nerfed in the first patch Disc dropped because the tanks and dps that made up for what they lack shifted around in power.

Yeah disc is in a good spot, the general community perception doesn’t like to think so, unfortunately.

I pugged my way to 2794 io until I figured out I really don’t like healing I just liked disc lol.

Disc has some weaknesses, sure, but not as bad as general pugs think they are.

The damage reduction that disc priests bring is often overlooked since it doesn’t show up on meters, also, moadmoad (top disc) just started messing around with vers stacking. I did a mild version of vers stacking and power word shield started to hit for like 60k absorb in combat

Edit: 2794 not 2974 io ***

Yeah I agree with the tank/disc synergy

Yeah, for high-end play I think that’s more or less accurate. I’d put Disc more on par with Shamans on average because IO scores only really show how the specs perform in “push” weeks, on more healing intensive weeks I think Disc indeed struggles a bit more.

I think the argument to rank Disc lower for more casual play is also correct, it does perform worse with less skilled groups that take more random avoidable damage you can’t predict well and also suffers when the Disc player himself is not able to play proactively due to lack of experience/knowledge.