No New Customizations is the "Don't you guys have phones" of 2021

Most people are smart enough to realize they’re playing an RPG.

3 Likes

So I’m seeing all the QQ. What kind of customization were you hoping for OP?

How about more than only 2 hair styles for her characters race?

1 Like

Blizzards STRONGEST aspect is there art team. to see how passionate those people are talking about the new tree mount (i voted for the caterpillar so this announcement didnt excite me). the fact they arent leaning more into this with new customization, class/race combos, or heritage armor is astounding.

im dont know what to do now. why play a darkspear if i cant have a beard?

6 Likes

What styles did you have in mind?

Most people are plenty smart and not condescending like you because they play differently. lol

I’ve written a lot down, but mostly about Trolls (other races too though).

You can read what the community wants here. For Trolls in specific.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-troll-customizations-are-lacking/565965

Ignore the Classic troll.

1 Like

You said “that’s wrong” and then went on to prove how I was right? I can say I’m working on something too, doesn’t mean I’ll ever finish it, or finish it in any decent time frame.

idk why people are arguing that this is QQing. customization is 1000000000% more important then mythic raiding anyways. everyone can customize but only a small portion do mythic raiding.

6 Likes

I looked at OP’s post, I saw 0 examples. Just complaints. So I asked for examples.

Trying to be productive here!

No I’ve proven you are wrong. If you are working on something you have a plan, a time frame. You don’t ask for feedback if you don’t use it. You can’t simply stop you work because you feel like it.

Personally, I was hoping for (at least somewhat) even options across the board.

Orcs and humans, even back to classic, already had more options than the other races. As time went on and we got the barbershop, the cata additions and WOD re-do, it seems like players were hoping the unloved races would get a bit of help.

For 15 years female tauren players have been begging for New. Hair. Not horns. H A I R. and blizzard kept gi ing them goofy horn options.

Gnomes have always had very few options when they are one of the most quirky and colorful races.

Female trolls had a TON of visual bugs like missing beads and braids that would disappear at a certain angle. Also, they had like 5 hideous faces and one pretty one that everyone chose.

To me it never made sense that some races like female orcs and dwarves has like 14 faces to choose from while female tauren had 4.

That was the kind of customization I was hoping for, not any specific hairdo like s mohawk.

9 Likes

They’d better not. Bad enough they took away Fu-zan’s powers.

2 Likes

Why do people mythic raid? For the power? Nah, that goes away after a couple of months. Clearly it’s for the transmog! People would be surprised how many actually mythic raid or hop in to arenas simply because they want a specific appearance for their character.

2 Likes

Ion is kinda stupid on the faction stuff. You can totally work with others and have peace and STILL have your own faction identity. Has he like not attended a history class? The US works with other nations and those nations work with others and they still have their identities.

1 Like

his reasoning for not lifting restrictions on transmog had me dead.

out of touch asf.

2 Likes

What I don’t understand is how they have SO MANY PEOPLE working on WOW but nothing gets done.

Literally assign one intern to making customizations that are already created… made available to other races. Like there is no reason a regular dranie can have embiggened tendrils and a lightforged dranie can’t. That would be so easy to implement, why is BLIZ so lazy?

You would think with that many people working on WOW they would have so much stuff getting done, but it’s less and less as time goes by. Used to get like 12 unique raid sets per raid, now we get 4. Used to get really big expansive zones, now we get little islands. Used to get a new race or class in an expansion, now we get neither.

It’s surprising that games with teams 1/10th the size have more impressive graphics, better storytelling, and more exciting gameplay. Even American Truck Simulator has better graphics than WOW and it has like 100x the world map size of WOW. I’d even argue that the story on Truck Simulator is better than WOW is right now.

17 Likes

I don’t know, I don’t care.Many raid sets aren’t even great looking. Really. I do care for customization though.

Some, yes some customization options and textures are really easy to create. Some perhaps harder with clipping issues (but that’s a minority, they have to fix existing clipping issues though).

Blizzard did inadvertently mislead people into thinking more customization options would come during Shadowlands with their vague language.

I think some people are being a bit overdramatic, but I also get why people are upset over the news today that there won’t be anymore customization options during Shadowlands and were given no timeline at all as to when we could even expect to see a new wave of customization.

It’s killed my interest in new customization options, that’s for sure. If I don’t know when we will get new customization and for which races, then I don’t care and I don’t want to ruin my enjoyment of the game thinking about what customization may or may not get added in 2 or more years from now.

They didn’t even name which races they feel are in a “good place” and which ones need more attention. For all we know, they might think Worgen don’t need anymore customization because they inherit all of the human customization options, for instance. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Which is what I’m saying. People like their customizations. Heck only reason I even attempted to do arenas was because I wanted the neat white transmog for the plate set. Has nothing to do with wanting to push high ratings. That’s the case with a lot of people. They just simply want the things they think are cool.

7 Likes