No More Stickies?

Maybe I missed the details, but is there or was there given any reason why realm forums aren’t given their own sticky threads since the forum update?

1 Like

Same reason there’s no ignore feature. The developers of this forums software have no concept of how humans interact on the internet.

11 Likes

I very briefly checked general or some other place and there were stickies there, so they still exist… I guess it’s just part of Blizz’s debatably benign neglect of things that aren’t well-trafficked by the general player base.

From what Im given to understand, theyre still possible, but just didnt get transferred over in the redesign when it came to sub forums like the server specific ones. Supposedly its still possible for us to request them however, at least according to the post I read shortly after all was said and done. Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Yeah, they are present in other places of the forums we just need to start poking specific threads and getting them flagged to be stickied at this point.

People who get to Trust Level 3 can create and edit WIKI posts. These will probably replace the server specific Sticky posts. If these forums follow the Overwatch forums, people should start getting Trust Level 3 starting next week.

Trust level 2 on the wow forums can already make wiki posts.

Not according to this sticky -

I tested it a bit ago. Let’s see if they’ve changed it.

Here, hold my drink. :tea:

Here’s the initial post where I tested it. Test Complete: Let there be wiki posts, apparently

Edit: This post is now a wiki post. You should be able to edit this post until I turn the wiki function off.