No Monks in MDI

Came here to ask the question why aren’t the MDI groups taking wind walkers? And then I realized they’re not taking any monks. Why in particular are wind walkers not taken when they do so well especially mythic plus AOE?

4 Likes

Things do better single target and competing or better AOE
WW does not do the above.

It’s like asking why brew isn’t being played by eveyrone. Because prot war simply is better.

There’s also another factor of most keys being Tyrannical. Boss damage is more important than some adds.

With ToD being the only thing propping up monk dps currently at higher M+ Keys the Law of Diminishing Returns is so great we can’t keep up with other classes in dps.

The more hp something has the less we can ToD, the less we can ToD cleave the less over all dps we do, eventually it becomes no different than a heroic raid and monks just get benched on progress.

We are bottom single target dps out of all 26 dps specs (Which should never happen since we don’t have another dps spec to swap into) and we are now bottom of 10 out of 26 dps specs on aoe fights when we can’t Cheese a low hp target into a ToD.

As seasons progress if Blizzard doesn’t rework our talent trees away from ToD, WW will just not be a thing for anything progressive. We need a complete overhaul. We need a single target line and our aoe line to get away from ToD and into viable boss level aoe.

10 Likes

Do all DPS bring a raid wide buff?

I mean, monks get that Mystic Touch… pretty nice depending on the comp

Gonna have to disagree with you here buddy. (Though, I do agree that we should step away from ToD) That, along with Blizz not knowing what they’re doing, is how we got here.

IMO, “Do we do AoE or ST?” should have never been a question when it came to WW’s tree specifically. Rather, it should have been “How are we gonna wreck everyone’s crap today?” WW tree should have one side dedicated to Pre-Legion WW, and one side dedicated to post-Legion WW, with like a middle row of essentials. That way, with time, we could get a build of WW that has MoP TeB and Post-Legion improvements and burst.

3 Likes

I really want to play my monk, but it just feels so awful. I honestly don’t know if I’m going to continue playing.

There’s so much I dislike right now, but I won’t get into it. If monk at least felt good to play, it might be worth sticking around. But it seems like so much micromanagement is required for this class, and we’re struggling just to be relevant.

6 Likes

I actually can’t stop thinking of the suggestion that the guy had in our summary thread changing ToD

Could really let us compete with warrior’s execute phase.

7 Likes

I’m more or less impressed by the fact that the World of Warcraft development team is absolutely massive, and they had to bring in even more people for the patch cycles they have planned for Dragonflight’s lifespan, yet somehow they still only have enough development manpower to seriously work on one spec at a time. I’m even more baffled that they were extremely quick to decide to nerf the hell out of the Hunter bow because it apparently increased pet attack speed too much but apparently can’t even spare some Windwalker buffs to tide the spec over until 10.1, since its painfully obvious they cannot both work on Retribution and Windwalker at the same time. We’re at the point where we’re almost to the halfway mark for 10.0.7’s expected release, so at this point no I’m not expecting them to offer anything for Windwalker until 10.1, and that’s assuming if Blizzard can be bothered.

8 Likes

Dh, dks and rogues are better.

There are only usually 1 melee in and mdi run and they just pick what’s best even if its 2% better

You keep using this particular metric show me the data that’s letting you believe ww is only 2% behind the others.

4 Likes

Unfortunaly its much worse than 2%. I believe around 26% below on just ST alone.

4 Likes

Well, the highest rated DPS player is 3504 io and the highest DPS monk is 3457 so thats 1.3% worse.

But either way, I was using a random number as an example of how the mdi will take the best class no matter the size of the difference, even if it is 1.3%

Ww seems to be doing pretty good in m+ still

That’s not how that works at all. That doesn’t say anything how the spec is doing.

They’re damaged is the lowest that is numerically proven

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem low enough from being the top 5 DPS spec on io.

Weird once again the numbers haven’t lied you can go look at DPS logs.

Only thing propping up monk in m+ is the over reliance of touch of death nodes.

2 Likes

DK are actually worse then WW monk. Dear DK is doing very terrible and UDK is meh. It only shines in MDI because of how the team pills and due to UDK uncap AoE like Sub rogue.
In live server people don’t pull like that.

Hilariously wrong

3 Likes

Lol frost DK have to rely on RNG to do decent damage and breath build require the group to play around it otherwise your number tank. Most pugs isn’t going to play around your one spell.

Unholy DK needs time to ramp up it’s damage and only shine where there are a ton of mobs ie the tree boss in AA. If the adds are spread out or there isn’t constantly new adds the tank pull your AoE damage suffer.

Monk doesn’t have such a ramp up time and does pretty well in most AoE situation and they also provide a damage buff to physical damage dealer.

As long as they can abuse touch of death. Outside of that their aoe and st is the lowest. Even ret paladins cleave harder than WW.

2 Likes