No marks of honor in AV, please

That larger conflict still has the ultimate goal of killing the other teams boss.

4 Likes

What is your point in here besides just pot stirring?
Do I have to self quote a few more times how AV was not for HKs before it sinks in, or are you going to continue to trot out the strawman over and over?

3 Likes

AV has an end goal, kill the other factions leader. Just like WSG’s goal is to capture the flag 3 times, or AB’s goal is to gain the resources. You’re competing against the other team to achieve a specified goal. Everything else is just extra.

The purpose of AV is to kill that leader.

1 Like

Yes, this is fundamentally true, but the charm (and literally the only fun) in Alterac Valley was the drawn out battles. The long fights over territory. There was SO much thought put into the battleground and 80% of it is completely ignored now because of the rush-to-the-finish mentality.

Keep in mind this is the same game that was never intended to be rushed. The 60 grind was long and arduous. You were meant to take your time and enjoy it. Alterac Valley I see in the same light.

Just my two cents.

1 Like

No you’re not, because of DR on honor from HKs. Farming HKs, especially in AV, is a complete and utter waste of time. You don’t farm pugs in a WSG premade, you try to 3 cap ASAP. You don’t farm pugs in AB premades, you try to 5, or at least 4, cap and ride it out. AV you get a bunch of HKs but you don’t just want to turtle for 6 hours and farm them; you’re effectively getting 0 honor for about 5 hours of that and just wasting everyone’s time.

I can agree in part, because the 15 min zerg rushes where everything was skipped are garbage. Playing a 72 hour match over a weekend is also hot garbage though. I’d rather have shorter (1-2 hour maybe?) matches that have some big clashes but also have an actual ending in sight.

3 Likes

Didn’t take long for you to take my advice:

Anyways, this isn’t going to change and you know that. Brokenwind pet peeve #472 will not be changed nor will the hundreds of other things you complain about daily. This isn’t your personalized version of Classic, get over yourself already.

There is a pleasant medium on which we can agree.

That being said, one of my fondest memories in classic was in AV. It was nearing the end of my school semester in Spring of 2005 and I was going to have to pack my stuff and move home. Decided the night before to hop in an AV.

Stayed in that AV way too long. Eventually logged out about 3am. Woke up the next morning around 10am with a lot of time before my exam, hopped back into the same AV. (This was back when they were numbered Alterac Valley 1, 2, 3, etc.) Stayed in for an hour, left, took my exam, came back to the room, packed the rest of my stuff, broke down the PC, put it in the car, drove home.

Got home, went to dinner with family, unpacked for the summer, set up the PC about 9pm that evening. Logged in, and the same AV was still going. I logged in and slapped on my tank gear for the big push into the final boss battle. We won.

I don’t expect that every time. But there was so much going on it was amazing. I saw the Ice Lord more than once. We were one step forward, two steps back, three steps forward for days. Nostalgia clearly plays a role in this enjoyment, but at the same time, I’d do it again happily.

2 Likes

You truly have waste water in your cornflakes the past couple days. What’s wrong Galdor, need a hug? Cat not giving you enough attention?

If you do not like the conversation, take your own advice and get out.

[citation needed]

One well organized group can win an AV match in 30 mins. Sneak to enemies last graveyard, cap it, and have the majority of players do a death run as close to the GY as possible. Rezz at GY and kill final boss.

This was in the original version of AV…not sure if this was still doable after the updates and in the version we are getting. Stopped playing in 2006

Look, I understand you’re not enjoying Classic as recognized by your many anti-classic posts but to turn to personal insults is not going to get you anything but another well deserved ban.

Grow up, you’re in your 40’s. It’s sad.

Once again, if you do not want to contribute to the conversation, get out.

OP sure seems to complain a lot

1 Like

No, I don’t think I will. You troll my threads, I’m not going to give you a pass to cry like a toddler about everything under the sun.

At least he’s not making “I quit” threads every five minutes anymore.

Sorry, cupcake, you do not get to decide what people discuss. No such pass for a discussion is needed, much less from random forum poster #8754764753632

The mock outrage akin to a whiskee/saqe post is a nice touch. When you post a blatant troll thread as you did, expect to be marked a troll, as others besides myself did.

This isn’t a discussion, it’s a thread of every single person in here laughing at you because your request is a joke.

There’s your answer.

Same.

“IF YOU DON’T LIKE AV THE EXACT WAY I LIKE AV I’M GONNA GET BIG MAD.”

• This thread

Listen buddy, if you can’t handle the fact that the majority of players are ready for battlegrounds, that’s your problem.

When Blizzard releases battlegrounds in December, remember my thread and make sure you accuse Blizzard of “trolling” as well.

You would still have rushed games, because most players are far more interested in efficiency.

1 Like