No LFD = Tank and healer rewards

I think adding some more tanking/healer classes, like monks and demon hunters, along with dual spec and primary gear stat changing depending on spec could help increase the number of people who would be willing to tank or heal.

Healer’s don’t have quite the demand that tanks do.

Great, that’s how you choose to play the game. I will be choosing to play another way, as my free time is incredibly valuable to me. You bet I’m going to charge a premium price to carry random people I have never met through a dungeon.

Then take your valuable time… and play another game if you aren’t enjoying it.

I see why you dont want RDF in the game. Nothing says community like charging your neighbor for labor.

4 Likes

Where did I say I wasn’t enjoying it? I think that may be a reading comprehension issue on your part, because I never said that. I love this game.

I can love playing WoW and I can charge people for my tanking services at the same time.

I love my job but that doesn’t mean I’m going to do it for free.

Me charging others for tank carries has nothing to do with my stance on RDF. In fact, I would make more money with RDF, because I would charge people for fast tank queues and I would get the bonus tanking satchel from clearing the dungeon.

Did you even think about that accusation before you threw it out?

No amount of gold or prize is going to make me want to que and tank a dungeon with pugs.

I havent pugged since early classic vanilla. I only tank for friends or guild mates. It’s cheaper, faster and way more fun.

Not really.

Tanks/Healers can earn hundreds to thousands of gold per hour in GDKP’s. Why would they want to go to a dungeon for 30 minutes and get 50g? And if the rewards are too high for tanking/healing it only adds inflation to the economy. They can’t just give tanks/healers 100-200g for running a dungeon. It adds too much gold to the economy, and offering any less than that players won’t bother.

That’s what players don’t understand about inflation in classic games. It’s pretty much not worth your time to do anything that isn’t a GDKP.

Explain how that’s easier.

I absolutely do recall the que time sucking. They did not have the bonus for tanks and healers at the beginning. Back then they actually cared and listened to those players that were fed up with the difficulty of forming a group to run a heroic. That was the purpose of the bonus added for tanks and healers.

But it also shows that that there was a problem with getting into a group to rum a dungeon. You have people now claiming how easy it is and saying that people are lieing when they comment about the time they say they are spamming chat channels to form a group. The lfd was 1st come que, and that was an absurd long wait. Yet they claim it is faster without? That is not possible and i cant understand why blizz is ignoring the problem.

But, the reward for tanks and healers was not constant. I mean it was only offered when the wait times were very long. It was not available more than it was available. That fact is proof that the wait times were not always extremely long.

I am all for the lfd tool. But my comments will always be factual. Unlike some ppl that try to paint a different picture by making false claims. Lfd was one of the best changes that came to wow. The morons running the show are out of touch.

They did this in retail a few expacs ago and it actually did help.

The random bag used to have such a huge loot pool that even included super rare mounts.

They took it out because it wasn’t fair or some bs and queue timers went up again.

What do you mean it wasnt fair?

I didn’t say it wasn’t fair, but that’s why blizzard got rid of the reward and just changed it to extra gold only.

if you no-lfd clowns think im running a single pug heroic as a healer, big kek.

1 Like

Looks like you won’t be running pugs since there won’t be LFD in wrath classic.

Isn’t being ‘social’ a reward in itself? Tanks and healers get rewarded with the ‘hi’s’ and ‘ty’ at the beginning and end of each dungeon they do.

Didn’t really work

god no, that’s one of my least favorite things from retail.

This happens already. Its actually quite challenging to find tanks that dont require gold upfront in recent months.

Already happens now, even for regular non-heroics

Off the top of my head, there are 2.
Blue proto drake and Bronze Drake.

But how others have stated, I’m srsly gonna charge and RSVP all good drops as tank if there will be a tank shortage.

I wont be tanking any pugs. Guaranteed. I already have started leveling on a pserver. As soon as i hit lvl 15 i used the lfd tool. Immediatly. And i went as dps warrior. Imagine that happening in current tbc. Imagine is all you can do because without the lfd tool. There will be no grouping at that level.

I know having one less tank wont be felt. Which wasnt my intention. I just dont want to think i might be grouping up with a moron that isnt bright enough to wamt to use a lfd tool. So as soon as tbc is done. So am i. And i wont be thinking about it at all anymore. Let the losers enjoy what they get.