No Kul Tiran Mages?

There is a mage trainer in the Boralus portal room. She can train the Kul Tiran mages once Blizzard comes to their senses. So no need to go to Dalaran. I bet she was the one training the hundreds of pure dps mages we see in Kul Tiras.

Seriously, it seems like Blizz is just trolling the Alliance with this one. Makes me very concerned.
As far as I am aware, everyone went to dalaran to learn magic while all the human kingdoms existed. Once dalaran got !@#$ed by the scourge everyone that could probably would've started training their own, which is why stormwind has mages.
There is no reason to portray kul'tirans as mages in dungeons and world content and then not make the race able to be mages, it makes actually no sense. Furthermore horde already have two troll races that can actually be pretty much every single class in the game which is not even close to equated on the alliance.
11/05/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Karein
As far as I am aware, everyone went to dalaran to learn magic while all the human kingdoms existed.

Well, I learned my wizardry skills on Argus... like 10K years ago. Like before humans existed. And the spells I didn't know... I picked up in the MAGE TOWER in Stormwind's MAGE DISTRICT. Stop applying inconsistent head-lore to this issue.

I swear its like Blizzard is intentionally trolling Alliance players with this one. It makes ZERO sense.
I guess Knight Captain Valyri and all those Flamecasters in Tol Dagor must also be "exceptions to the rule" just like Jaina? Same deal with Yvia Wavebound - the Tidesage who teaches mages the Boralus Portal and Boralus Teleport spells.

Nevermind that the Kul Tiran Navy had Mages and Archmages going back to Warcraft 2 and 3.
11/03/2018 12:01 AMPosted by Inculta
It's been updated to include mages

Link your source, because I'm not able to find anything that says this.
11/03/2018 12:05 AMPosted by Zulani
Kul Tirans can be mages. Drama over. Wait, this is GD. Carry on!

Source? Link or it didn't happen.
All i ll remember from this blizzcon is the massive drama fiasco of diablo and the stealthed removal pf kt mages with devs refusing to post about it after pages and pages of asking for clarifications

Glad i didn t go nor paid for the virtual ticket this year. I m curiois to see the figures for this year
11/03/2018 12:10 AMPosted by Dedaru
I notice a theme here...a majority of the Mages for Kul'Tirans seem to have negative connotations...

That's like saying "I notice a majority of the human rogues we see have negative connotations... Syndicate? Defias? Bandits in Elwynn Forest?..."
11/03/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Illaina
But they can be mages, it's listed under the playable classes for Kul'tirans on Wowhead. What doesn't make sense to me is the lack of Paladins.

Where on Wowhead? Everywhere I've looked since Friday has no mage on the KT class list.
11/05/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Shpantzen
11/03/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Illaina
But they can be mages, it's listed under the playable classes for Kul'tirans on Wowhead. What doesn't make sense to me is the lack of Paladins.

Where on Wowhead? Everywhere I've looked since Friday has no mage on the KT class list.

The Blizzcon slides had them and Zandalari warlocks listed, but they stealthily removed them from the allied race classes pages for unknown reasons and a lot of people are still operating on those slides, even though they are no longer accurate.

This kind of stuff really hurts their reputation with their customers, for someone like me who was fine with most other things in BfA
I was actually looking forward to making a Tide Sage mage (even if no water magic) so I'm quite disappointed.
11/02/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Mergo
It amazes me the amount of people that don't understand lore and will complain about how things don't make sense...

It amazes me the number of bliztard employees that don't understand lore and put in nonsensical garbage like void elves and human shamans.
11/05/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Maelfarion
I was actually looking forward to making a Tide Sage mage (even if no water magic) so I'm quite disappointed.

Well, frost = water. You could easily have a set of mage glyphs that turned your frostbolts and such into more watery appearances. Bam, there, you have proper tidesages.

That KT don't have mages but do have shamans is genuinely one of the dumbest things I've ever seen - even more so than void elves, and that's a tough one to beat as far as stupid nonsense goes - and makes me think someone high up at blorz responsible for okaying this has lost their goddam mind. Kul Tiran mages pictured in-world: oh, you know, just THE TIDESAGES, not to mention JAINA. Kul Tiran shamans pictured in-world: ZERO.