NO downtime scheduled for Mnday?

I see an hour scheduled maint for Tues but nothing for Monday. Is this really all going to suddenly be on without at least a quick boot in the keister? If that’s the case, what time?

we’re playing the patch right now. It’s just a server flag to let us go running. Just like in TBC and just like in Wrath
People were online waiting in front of the portal or on the dock, just waiting for the signal to start.

2 Likes

so like same time as quest resets probably huh? I wasn’t on for either of those. Was on for Classic launch and HC classic launch. And OG CATA but the pre-patch was quite different with all the elemental unrest stuff going on.

I think its at 6pm EDT. So it is in the evening.

1 Like

Yup, 6pm EDT. You can log in before that time and at some point your experience bar will pop back up and everyone will take the portal from moonglade to hyjal or the whatever it is to vashir

2 Likes

3pm to the real world :upside_down_face:

1 Like

well… 10pm to the real world :3

yeah pretty sure a breadcrumb in town sends you by boat to Vash 1st time and for Hyjal, a portal in the keep to moonglade then dragon to Hyjal

It’s most likely that there will be a server restart to flip it on, but unless something goes wrong, downtime of a few minutes at most.

TBC and Wrath launch didnt take a restart, it just activated

TBC and wrath launch didn’t have the zones already in the world with a teleport script preventing us from accessing them, though; there was a load screen involved to get there, which is safer from a technical perspective.

Maybe they’ll be able to turn that off without a restart, it’s possible, it just increases the odds of something going wrong.

all you have to do is be online at least 6hours in advance unless you dont want to play because login servers will be dead as per usual