No Don Rodrigo's Band?

I just said that’s not a good enough excuse. they could have easily went with the 1.4 items, but the CHOSE to go with the 1.11 items, it’s not itemization, it was a flat out choice.

They are arbitrarily choosing what pvp items are in and what are out.

1 Like

Don Rodrigo’s Band is going to be added in phase 5 since this object was originally put in the game during patch 1.9 (Ahn’Quiraj patch)

Don Julio’s band was added now because it was originally put in the game during patch 1.5 (Battlegrounds Patch)

Also, this was already announce by the devs in April when they talked about how they were going to manage out itemization

You can read the all thing by yourselves clicking on Kaivax post :eyes:

Except they added R14 Spellblade multiple phases too early.

1 Like

And are using the 1.11 PvP gear instead of the 1.4 pvp gear.

Picking and choosing for no reason.

1 Like

I’m not in the discussion about Spellblade or stats. But people wanted a “Blue” response, hence my response to those people (and the OP)

This is also explain in Kaivax post

the 1.4 gear verses 1.11 gear isn’t itemization, they are completely different items.

2 Likes

We are talking about PvP gear, right? I don’t know much about Vanilla (since i didn’t play back then), but i remember reading that the PvP gear was updated in patch 1.11, and in the post Kaivax explain that they were going to use the last version of the items.

So, all the PvP gear that was in the game during patch 1.5 is already updated. But, since Don Rodrigo’s band was added in 1.9, you guys won’t see it until Ahn’Quiraj is release.

I’m not discussing if it is good or bad btw. Just wanted to inform you guys about why the item isn’t here yet.

You could probably leave your feedback on that thread if you want this change, or open a new post with Kaivax quote in it.

its pretty much an arbitrary decision as others have pointed out since there are already 1.11 items in the game.

i imagine blizzard will do a similar thing with brilliant mana/wizard oil. Its a 1.11 item so it won’t be out with ZG’s initial release. this is pretty much the same line of thinking. it wasn’t there at the beginning of the new content’s lifespan, so it won’t be there in classic.

1 Like

Bumping for posterity

signed; pls put it in the game

This has to be an oversight , that’s all.

At least, i hope that’s all it is and can be put into game soon. If the ring doesn’t release till p6 or whatever its kinda lols.

I’m still waiting for the “Well, that’s how it was in vanilla.” blue post.

Hopefully bug/oversight. Other melee ring is there.

Bump. 10 char

bump and one of those 10char thingamabobs, we need blue eyes on this, caster’s gonna wanna castrate!! unless they get their rings!

Bumping as well. This ring should be in the game. If the PvP blues people are getting now originally weren’t available until Naxx, there’s no reason to hold back this ring.

If people think it’s because of spell pen, well r13 shoulders, t1 5 set bonus, and mage talents all have spell pen and are in the game now. So there’s another reason for why it should be in the game right now.

/signed

1 Like

Ty, for your support!! I am also letting the new up and comer rep grinders on my server know ahead of time that the ring is not available, so they are not crushed when they hit exalted. (not fun to find out last minute ).

Melee ring was there at first, but the caster ring wasn’t.

As this fellow expects:

It will be in a later phase.

The blue PvP sets were available in 1.4, before battlegrounds came out, just as it happened in Classic.

We’re getting the 1.12 versions of those sets, however. If Don Julio’s Band, for example, had received a change in a later patch, that’s the version we’d get.

When something came out and when it was changed are different things, and content is gated based on when it came out, not when it was changed.

NO! and 10 char thing