No disrespect but eso can release xpac every year

Farm gold and purchase tokens. No disrespect but I don’t give a flying "f’ what ESO does, if I did I would be there and not here.

4 Likes

Exactly. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

??
WoW is as generic as it comes, are you serious?

And still not as fun as single player.

Yeah, Orcs, Trolls, Undead and aaaaaall the stuff WoW has is really gen… Wait, no, they only borrowed the names, they look nothing like generic fantasy.

Hmmm… Well, the story obviously is a ripoff any generi… No, that’s not either, there are no Burning Legions in any other game or Titans whatsoever…

I know, the game play, yeah, the gam… Wait, no, it’s far different from any other MMO and WoW looks nothing like asians RPG either…

Where was this “generic as it comes” you’re speaking of?

That’s it? You can put more clothes on your paper doll in ESO?

I mean, that’s great if that’s the thing you like. If the right set of red bracers and that wicked halberd are the demarcation line between “great game” and “soulless husk”.

But, does any of that matter in terms of game play?

Folks, obviously, approach the game from different perspectives – which is great.

I transmog, mostly because 99.99% of the Warlock helms are TERRIBLE, combined with NOTHING looks good on a Gnome.

So, what little I get to find, I’ll keep.

But it’s not my passion. If transmog were to go away tomorrow, C’est la Vie. Not the end of the world for me.

What matters to me are the game parts of the game. pressing button 5 laying down a world of hurt (32,753 points of health) on Monster ID# 2374 in Zone #17, Structure #726.

Oh, and that there’s a large, flaming green orb splattering all over the screen when I do it, to highlight my pink ponytails.

It’s just I guess hard for me to grok that folks would put up with a pretty game if the gameplay itself isn’t attractive to them.

(And I know WoW’s gameplay does not appeal to all, and folks have their criticisms of it – boy, do they.)

All of these races you listed look exactly how a person would think they would look. They’re generic.

Metzen took a lot of notes from Warhammer, I hope you know that.

Demons are still demons. Doesn’t matter what you call them.

The art style is unique, yeah, but WoW’s gameplay is basic tab targeting. Literally 90% of MMORPG’s.

Alliance races are Tolkien ripoffs, and Horde races are Tolkien ripoffs but slightly angsty.

Wow is generic. It’s slightly less generic than like actual DnD campaigns that specifically went “legally distinct Tolkein ripoffs” but it’s not ground breakingly original either.

Legion was amazing! WoD was cut short but it was a good xpack. I for one loved Draenor zones. More so than Legion’s or BFA’s.

ESO has all those cool features, but you know what no one is talking about? It’s story. You know why?

Because ESO is boring as hell.

There is absolutely nothing entertaining about the game’s story. All the VA sound like they drank some NyQuil and reading the lore as a Ben Stein impersonation. It’s freaking nuts. I actually found Fallout 76’s lore more riveting and it’s being read to me by Speak-N-Spells! How did they do it? How did they make The Elder Scrolls so boring? It’s a nightmare.

Did you know the dragons of Skyrim were recently unleashed? No? Probably because no one cared when they told you! Skyrim, people were screaming, guards would talk about dragons in fearful hushed tones as if just saying the word would summon them. ESO, it’s like dragons are just like cicadas. “Oh look. The dragons are in season again.”

By the Nine, that game is a bore.

yeah it’s called patches and we get them with the monthly fee. You like paying for small patches go there.

I don’t see Blizz doing yearly expacs for WoW. Now if only they’d make the game better and more fun.

1. ESO is trash.
  2. They charge for DLCs and suck up more money. Blizzard gives “DLC” for free with content updates over a longer time. If Blizzard went to a moronic system that you’re suggesting they’d lose business. WoW isn’t that good anymore, charging more for it is laughable.

This is the dumbest thing anyone can say. Do you know what fantasy means. Do you know what imagination means. Do you know that all orcs, trolls,etc are not all the same or based one 1 single design.

Why don’t you stop playing wow and play a game you actually like since wow’s trolls, orcs, etc aren’t based off of what you think a real orc,etc looks like in your “generic” fantasy.

They tried. They failed. Warlords of Draenor was only supposed to be a year long. It took longer to create Legion. Warlords of Draenor is considered to be the worst expansion by many.

Different companies have different development priorities. I suspect that if there was an expansion every year, that people would complain even more about cost. ESO doesn’t require a monthly fee so they need more frequent paid DLC updates.

1 Like

Seriously, I like having some time to breath instead of rushing rushing rushing to get everything done.

1 Like

Yeah, but since they were more common than mountain goats, townspeople were about all that were threatened.

I think because WoW isn’t ESO , but I’m just assuming.

Eso is that welfare game you buy from the thrift store. That combat…

Warcraft on the other hand is a polished game that actually works and works fluidly. I don’t mind them taking their time.

1 Like

In the time from 8.2 to 8.3 ESO will have two dlc patches that will cost $40 vs wow $75 they’ll charge us for the 5 months away from 8.3 we are…