No disrespect but eso can release xpac every year

You get some crowns for buying sub time, but that is nothing compared to what you need for the loot boxes. Want the 3 new mounts and 5 new pets? $$$$ Want the new cosmetic look, tats, or skins? $$$$.

1 Like

The loot boxes admittedly do take the fun away from the game for sure. 1650 worth of crowns per month from having a month to month sub, not to mention most things in game our purchased with gold which you can then sale your crowns for in game gold to buy. Actually you could rack up a lot of gold by moving crowns you didn’t want or need for in game gold. I would see a ratio’s of like 200/1 per crown.

Is this directed at me? I didnt insult you. … at least not on purpose. :slight_smile:

No, I think he’s calling me an idiot because I said ESO is garbage without playing it. He is being passive aggressive because he doesn’t want to get a forum ban.

1 Like

How is this non-WoW? OP is literally asking about WoW with reference to another game. Fairly legitimate question as well considering at one point, Blizzard did have plans to try and push out yearly expansions. Granted the OPs wording is awful but it still fits the category.

no really zos messed up eso with the last dlc a lot of players quit.it was a bad dlc.

Again I apologize it isn’t directed at you. I was merely pointing out that doing a little home work (reading up on something) to educate one’s self about something then offering an opinion would seem to be the better way.

1 Like

Oh ok. I dont like cow on cow aggression. :persevere:

I guess. Just seems like a thinly veiled ESO promotion post to me.

1 Like

Regarding the original topic of this thread:

As others have mentioned, WoD was Blizzard’s attempt at doing one expansion per year. WoD itself was intended to only be 12 months worth of content, which (again, as others have mentioned) resulted in a great deal of potential content being cut, leading to even the first 12 months of WoD becoming… underwhelming. Leveling was lackluster, endgame outside of raid content was virtually non-existent, and the vast majority of people were simply logging in long enough to turn over their mission tables each day, before logging out again.

This became even more of an issue when they ended up extending the expansion to the usual 24 month timeframe, which is how we ended up with 13 months where the only new content was HFC and Tanaan Jungle, content that didn’t take most people more than about 3 months to clear. The addition of Pathfinder added a bit of incentive for people to leave their garrisons for a little while each day, but the daily quests added still didn’t really equate to a significant draw.

Basically, the 12 month expansion format simply does not work with WoW’s model.

1 Like

No, I didn’t call you an idiot at all, I have no ill words to give towards you. I don’t know you or the other person offering their opinion on this subject. Sorry if that is how it comes off.

People read into a lot of things that really are not there. If what you read was the op trying to promote ESO, well, I guess that’s what you make of it.

ESO can release an expansion every year because their players have low standards, as evidenced by the fact that they play ESO.

2 Likes

If you can read 200 words per minute but your comprehension plummets, are you really a better student? Use that same logic for ESO.

Especially when they have to cut their expansions into blocks. My guess is they can only get so much done in that year and have to timegate the rest of the expac behind these blocks.

1 Like

As I mentioned before their expansions are much much smaller than wow’s.

We have those in WoW.

If you’re on a 6-month sub, it’s closer to $144/year. Still not $80 but it’s significantly cheaper.

I enjoyed the F2p or pay offered by ESO. I like the idea that as a paying customer you are offered a few amenities that F2p players do not get, such as the Crowns per month as well as the extra bag.

World of Warcraft however is not set up to release content like ESO, different games offer different perks.

1 Like

Not to derail the thread, and I agree 100% with your post except this bit. For me, the leveling experience was WoD’s biggest saving graces(well, that and the raids being good)

Anywho friends, continue!