No disrespect but eso can release xpac every year

But WoD was crap. Every expansion should be good. We pay a box price, and a subscription. Everything we pay for should be quality. Not rushed, or inadequate like most of BFA has been and WoD was.

3 Likes

ESO is very involved and they work very hard to keep content rolling out. ESO is the only game I play over WoW, I play both, but ESO has much more character customization options, outfits, dye system, and class can use any weapon, etc. They really let you play how you like. WoW does not offer anything like this. Transmog is ok but not very good compared to other games.

Mostly true.

Example: People want Dark Rangers in WoW, ESO would have at least given a skin for that long ago. Their forums are full of Community Managers who speak with the players. Very kind atmosphere there compared to WoW.

People asked for Warden and Necro classes on ESO, and that is exactly what they got. People are happy because Zenimax listens to the player. Works well to give the people what they ask for, since that is how business works :slight_smile:

Yeah… About that, that’s not really true. Yes some things people asked for they got, but basically only the things that Zenimax already had planned for a long time. The ESO forums are exploding with players complaining that Zeni never listens to players and ignores feedback.

There may be things that ESO can learn from WoW, but given the amount of crying and complaining from Horde players about the ‘Good vs Evil’ storylines and how the Horde is made to look Evil, I’m sure Blizzard developers wish that they had developed the Warcraft universe to be more like the Elder Scrolls. That world was made for ‘morally gray’.

Still, ESO is still one of the best games out there.

4 Likes

I thinks it is fine to have not played a game, but to bash games based of second hand account is crap.

I played ESO, Character Customization is a way better than anything wow offers. First thing my wife commented on when we resubbed to wow was the lack of customization.

The way professions work in ESO offer a lot more depth than what wow has to offer. The Transmog (outfitter) in ESO is a hell of a lot more in-depth than anything in Wow, even FF14 topples wow in that department.

Of course the Game itself offers way better graphics which does come at a cost for people still using 1980’s computers.

What World of Warcraft was able to do was capture the MMO market before these others games. They offered an easier to play MMO versus stuff like Evercrack at the time. You didn’t need a top end computer to play wow, the tater comp worked just fine.

I think there is a place for All MMO’s on the market today and why bash any of them and instead rejoice that we all live in a day and age where we have choices.

3 Likes

Then go play it.

1 Like

Many People do, contrary to personal belief many people are capable of playing more than one MMO, or for that matter more than one Game on any platform at a time.

4 Likes

I agree. … and the ESO animation is crap. People glide by taking 3 “steps” in the space it would require 9 steps. it just looks weird. Like 1/2 glide , 1/2 run.

I will say, the only problem I ran into when playing other MMO’s was convincing the wife to give it a try. FF14 was definitely not her cup of tea. She couldn’t really get into the story/pacing of ability use. Which, once you reach higher levels abilities and their cd’s are not that bad.

ESO is obviously a different kind of game than WoW. ESO is far more of a classic RPG than WoW. What is WoW now, exactly? Sure, they’re both mmos, but WoW has evolved into a game where you basically have to do what the developers want, play how they want you to play, lots of carrots to chase. ESO seems to follow the design philosophy of original WoW but more evolved, or not, certainly less themeparky than WoW.

1 Like

For sure its one of the better games. I love its storyline and how it tries to force you to make tough choices and see different sides of the story all the time. However there are a lot of MMO aspects that I really dislike.

End game DD hit 100k dps, while end game tanks hit 3k dps. Tanks damage is so low that they don’t use tanking sets, they often use medium or light sets to try and buff the output of the DDs.

Healers are not needed for anything outside of trials(raids), in fact every dungeon not only can be completed with 1 tank 3 dps(they do 4 instead of 5), but its usually easier.

If you are gear focused there are entire Chapters/DLC’s where you just won’t buy it or play it cause they don’t offer anything useful. Because all your end game gear is useful forever, you just get your BiS each update and then keep the old stuff. Next update your old gear may actually be BiS.

Mechanics are largely absent or boring and easy to perform.

I don’t think so. If ESO was so amazing, I wouldn’t see so many people on this forum crying about how good it is and how bad WoW is. If it was as amazing as they claim, they would, you know, play it and not whine on the forums all day.

Instead I see them wearing their 430 armor and riding their flying mount on their allied race.

When I quit EverQuest for WoW, I quit. I didn’t hang around and whine that Sony didn’t do what Blizzard is doing. I didn’t harass anyone about playing an inferior game. I didn’t spam their forums with Blizzard advertisement (I would if they paid me though.)

That’s why I think ESO is garbage.

To be Fair it would seem most people unable to figure out Animation Canceling to maximize their damage output.

Animation being crap comparative to what, World of Warcraft character Animations? The gliding by while taking 3 steps must be a lag issue for those players on poor connection because it is something I’ve never seen or experience, which is to say that it still could have happened.

It works both ways, I’ve read plenty of threads on the ESO forums of ex wow players flaunting how great World of Warcraft is compared to ESO, or FF14 forums.

I don’t look at it like it’s a form of “Harassment” so much as people seem to like to rub others noses in what they perceive to be the better game. Like having a disagreement with someone for having a difference of opinion. I don’t look at it as harassment, we just don’t see eye to eye on that particular topic.

1 Like

There’s a gaming forum for all things non-WoW. The OP is posting here to troll.

1 Like

YES. …and? Its my opinion. I guess we have to state that with every… opinion?

Sure, it could be. I have no connection problems with anything else… but ok. I’ll go with “it’s me”.

I’m not understanding this statement , are there words missing? I didnt mention any kind of “damage output” issues. Seems like you are talking to someone else?

Yeah, that seems to be the case for most. I don’t really like what the Op’s posting so yeah, must be a troll. Couldn’t be that they are just having a discussion on the forums kind of like a lot of the other crap I come across on these forums that tend to Not have anything to do with wow.

Conveniently forgetting to get the full experience you still have to pay $15/mo and to get most of the new items released you have to pay hundreds of dollars for their loot boxes.

2 Likes

So because Timmy does it that makes it ok? Yeah I can see why you agree with the OP.

sorry man, I was pointing out animation canceling because you had previously mentioned That ESO had poor Animation. I was more referring to the character Animation.

Also, you are right about one thing, “people’s opinions are like buttholes, everyone has them”. very true. Most people seem to have miss informed opinions about a lot of things.

An Uninformed idiot is still that an idiot. If I insult something I would at least know a bit about what I’m insulting before giving my opinion on it. Save people the time of pointing at me like I’m stupid.

1 Like

Yeah… I got to a point where I wanted to continue a quest chain and had to add credits… sigh.