No Cross realm BGs

they didnt need to because we do have crbgs

i say long queues are bad design

I quit on cata too fren. total trash

Well, it doesnt make sense since alot of servers have high populations, nor does it make sense in the current honour system.

Long queues seems bad at face value, but when you realize that it mitigates afkers, botting, and account sharing, then it suddenly doesnt seem that bad anymore

Those things can only happen if you’re actually in a BG though.

Yes. The longer queues are, the more “valuable” each individual games become. Therefore, the incentive to AFK, lose on purpose, etc. isnt as high.

If you get 2 games per hour, you’d actually want to try to suck it up and win each game (or get as much kills as possible) since you’d be sitting in queue if you just straight up loss fast.

This increases the quality and skill of players, whereas many games promotes queue spamming

1 Like

That wasn’t how it played out in vanilla. You still get just as many people not trying the difference is if you have a bad game it takes longer to try for a good one.

That is 100% how it was played in Vanilla pre CRBGs. Premades would net more honour than 24/7 solo players because the amount of games that solo players played didnt get as much honour as straight up winning games.

You know the whole complaint of casuals that whine that R14 was “cartelled” by pvp groups? That wouldnt be possible if solo players can break that cartel via brute force playing games.

And CRBG’s don’t change that one way or the other.

Of course it does. CRBGs allows more quantity of games played since queues will be popping 24/7. Because of this, when premades are offline, these losers can still be playing and getting more honour.

And since games come so fast, losing games can be compensated by straight up getting more of them.

So pre CRBGs, quality > quantity
Post CRBGs, quantity > quality.

Did you even play vanilla?

1 Like

Did you?

The honor grind was pure hours played and people were putting in those 80+ hour weeks long before CRBG’s

So no CRBG’s do not fundamentally change the honor grind for most people. The reality is most people will never have a chance at getting a high rank regardless so CRBG’s improving the queue time is 100% win for them.

Do you get up in the morning thinking about new ways to harass and personally attack people? I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone as toxic and negative as you in over 15 years of being on the internet.

I’ve only ever responded to defend myself, and I’ve been toning that down a bit because the forum mods don’t differentiate between uncalled for attacks (like you started with me many months ago) and someone breaking the ToS to defend themselves from those attacks.

Stop being so hateful.

Wrong again. The primary way to get Rank was to get premades. THEN it was to play 24/7, in that order.

Why else do you think R14 groups could exist?

And you eventually got to the point where you had to do both. CRBG’s do not change that.

The people who are only doing BG’s a couple hours a day are not competing with you for rank regardless of CRBG’s or not. And for them, you know the majority of players, CRBG’s with their faster queue times are a huge improvement.

No. There were many premades that only pvped in during uptime to get up to rank. These people purposely did NOT play during off hours so to not mess up the rank point distribution as there’s a formula for max rank point gains for the whole group.

The competition is with solo pvpers who grind 24/7 aka the AFKers, the account sharers

queue improvement at the cost of not being an mmo. how bout they go play a moba

BG’s always had a queue system. All CRBG’s do is expand the pool of players.

And?

Once again the people going for any high rank are in an extreme minority anyways regardless of CRBG’s. And CRBG’s are much better for the majority of people who are just trying to play a few BG’s a day.

yeah, battlegrounds by themselves are bad enough by stealing players from the game world into even more instances. at least without xrealm you can still have a healthy realm community.

lol that was a reply to your own “people only got rank due to playing alot!”

You’re also wrong about CRBGs being better for casuals. These casuals also suffer from honor inflation too since PEOPLE WHO CAN PLAY 2 HOURS WILL BE GETTING MORE GAMES /HOUR STILL.

And they do only get high rank by playing a lot. CRBG’s do not change that.

If you want high rank you will be playing a lot CRBG’s or no.

And no because the number of players per rank doesn’t start to become seriously prohibitive until much later in the ranks.