No Cross realm BGs

One of the largest incentives to play as the underpopulated faction was indeed queue times.
If Horde only has a 5 min queu time, it means the faction balance isnt THAT skewed. However, if it becomes 30-1hr? thats when it starts looking favourable to reroll or transfer.

And yes, PVP communities were killed within weeks to a month when CRBGs was released. If you dont want to believe it, fine, but I’ve actually played it. I saw how the meta became higher quality games with (or without) premades to AFK spamqueuefests.

Also, the fact that we have classic wow shows that the majority of people do want server only BGs. There already exists and iteration of the game that has CRBGs and fast queues. The ‘passionate’ minority also somehow got blizzard to remake classic too lol. And to release DM early. And to release BGs early.

2 Likes

The underpopulated faction doesn’t need incentives. Just like retail they can simple remain underpopulated. The overpopulated faction doesn’t deserve to be punished for playing the faction theyprefer. Horde queue times will be a little longer than Alliance but it will probably be reasonable enough the people don’t care.

What killed these communities specifically with CRBGs? That they lost their BG faction rivals? That players in BGs can’t be held accountable because they are from different realms? If such meager things “killed” those pvp communities then they weren’t strong, committed communities to begin with.

Do not equate classic as a whole with realm only BGs. The battlegroup system was a function of cross realm in classic so where does the suggestion that the people who wanted classic don’t want CRBGs come from? Some might not want them but don’t generalize the classic WoW fanbase. It’s unfair to propagate the idea that people that have been pushing to get classic don’t want CRBGs to be a part of it.

In this case, the ‘passionate’ minority that wants server only BGs are in direct conflict with the rest of the players that want CRBGs. Whereas retail players didn’t care much about classic creation because it hardly affected them whatsoever. It’s not the same thing at all.

What does this have to do with anything? Not everything between retail and classic has to be of a different variety. This is yet another silly ‘it’s in retail so it doesn’t need to be in classic’ claim. Although in this case it was at least partially in classic WoW anyways. Will you next claim that droves of players will quit because of CRBGS? Cause I’ll call that ridiculous as well.

You got so much work to do though to reverse this decision. Only 7 days left. I’m sure you’ll be able to persuade them from this disastrous course of action.

The underpopulation 100% needs incentives. If not, the faction balance gets worse. The tradeoff for lower amounts of people to group with and a worse economy should be something. In this case, better queues. Or else there’d be no reason to be on the “losing side”.

Yes, Horde needs queues. But at least it will be a BG queue, not a complete login queue. That’s the happy medium.

And CRBGs affects more than just rivalries. It affects how Rank points are obtained. CRBGs allows 24/7 queues, which increases the honor requirements of everyone (since Rank points are relative afterall). How do you beat someone who queues 23/7? queue 24/7 obviously.

Prior to BGs, since games arent popping all the time, you actually have to focus on winning. Hence why premades were much more popular here. “Brute forcing” your way to rank 14 isn’t going to get you much success since there isnt that opportunity in the first place. So after CRBGs, the predominant strategy is to get FAST and LOW QUALITY games.

And yes, classic does indeed equate to server only BGs since that was what was in classic for the vast majority of the game. Not only that, the entire appeal of classic was to build server community, and CRBGs ruins that. So infact, it goes contradictory to why we have this game in the first place.

CRBGs already exists in retail. There’s no reason to add CRBGs at the moment. The only reason why CRBGs was added was to test the feature for BC arenas and to revamp the honour system for BC

2 Likes

A lot of people rolled Horde not because they like the faction more. They rolled, and even rerolled Horde literally to have a population advantage. There should be weight in those decisions otherwise this is going to slowly become a 1 faction game on the majority of realms especially pvp.

You cant have 1 faction reap all the reward with no negative without creating imbalance.

There would be a river of horde tears if they suffered any inconvenience at all from picking the “easymode” faction on PvP realms.

1 Like

I started playing in 2004 and crossrealm bgs didn’t kill anything.

I’m rank 14. I did a LOT of pvp. And yes… they did. Not only do they destroy server communities and rivalries, they make the rank grind a horrible nightmare.

Feel free to link your main’s rank so we can see how much you actually know about pvp…

1 Like

CRBG’s fixed major queue time issues.

Which for most people matter quite a lot more because high ranks will be unattainable for them regardless of CRBG’s or not. If I’m only going to be playing a couple hours a day I’d rather be in a BG than sitting in a queue. And I could care less about seeing the same name on the other side occasionally.

1 Like

You’ve been wailing this same point for months, with obviously no understanding of ranking.

I’ll say it one last time before I assign you the the garbage heap of the forums (where all moronic trolls belong).

The ranking system is a competition between ONLY PEOPLE ON YOUR SERVER and your OWN faction. You are not competing against other servers. If everyone on your server has the SAME queue times, regardless of what other people’s queue times are, you have EXACTLY as much opportunity to rank up.

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THE QUEUES ARE LIKE ON OTHER SERVERS. (Reinforcement - as you’re so slow.)

If you do indeed have “only a couple hours a day” and think you’re going to get ANY rank, you’re a joke. You could play non-stop BGs for your two hours, and with the terrible honour you’re going to get from your xserver bgs, you might get R3 if you’re lucky. You know why? Because EVERY OTHER pvper on your server will ALSO be playing non-stop BGs, only they will play for 10 hours. Or 12 hours. Or 16 hours. Because they can. The honour needed to rank will be in the millions for the higher ranks.

This will encourage bots, afking AV, and farming honour either paid, or with friends/family. That’s really what you want, isn’t it? You want to be able to cheat your way through ranks because you know that no preform group will ever accept a bad player like you.

Xserver erases the ability of preform groups to gain enough honour to rank, because you may as well just live in AV all day. It’s not like anyone will recognize you and report you for sitting in the cave, right?

You are everything wrong with this world. You want everything handed to you without any effort, and think you should be given first prize simply for showing up and gracing the universe with your exalted presence.

So why are you playing classic again? You already have all the mediocrity your shallow little heart desires in retail.

1 Like

Umm… you seem to have missed my point entirely. If I have limited time to play daily, which is the case for most people, I would rather be in a BG than in a queue.

And as you noted because of the ranking system most people will never attain high ranking anyways so why should they be sitting in queues?

Why would I be a joke for acknowledging up front I’ll never get a high rank regardless of CRBG’s or not?

No it doesn’t, you can still preform groups in CRBG’s. And I bet you’ll get more honor with quick wins in AB or WSG than AFKing in AV.

Lol so because I’m unwilling to play 80 hours a week which was a requirement for high rank anyways before CRBG’s I have mediocrity in my heart?

Just report him and move on dude. There’s people in the world that only exist to spread negativity and put everyone down, he’s one of them.

Congrats on rank 14. Nobody cares.

1 Like

They were part of Vanilla. Request denied.

1 Like

and keyrings are something i’ve been arguing should be in right away and something they said would already be here, so interesting you assume I woudln’t want them.

Because they don’t want naxx to be out when people are still gearing for MC and don’t want content entirely skipped after a week, honestly this feels incredibly silly points to argue.

Well the gearing model in classic does not allow for skipping…

Theres already a game for you.

If you dont care about ranking then why should you speak for everyone else? That’s a very small minority just like the players who run 5 mans for fun rather than gear.

Not only that that guy mentioned very good points the same ones that i mentioned. You get even more afk, botting, and account sharing. Yes you can still premade it, but the incentive isnt there since you can be more competitive with spamming afk games.

CRBGs allows more people to game the system and creates lower quality pvp.

And no, you didnt need to play 80 hrs per week for rank before CRBGs. Thats because there were downtimes where queues didnt pop as much. Thats why premades and skill mattered more preCRBGs because winning actually gave more honor per day then spamming games

2 Likes

CRBG’s were in vanilla, they addressed very real issues with same realm only queues.

Cry more.

Yes. The real issues addressed were testing new technology for an upcoming expansion.

Which is why we have this game now.

you’re forgetting the major queue time issues before CRBG’s :slight_smile:

But bg queues are a good thing. BG queues intended to incentive balancing of factions. So that wasn’t an issue at all. The only peope that had “issues” with queues were zergers

1 Like