No Congratulations for World's First Kara?

I’m surprised at the radio silence. Usually they would publicly announce the first guild to clear raid content, no?

Without sounding too, “WORLD FIRST WAS 15 years ago”……

Why would they it’s a classic game not intended to be pushed to the limit lol.

16 Likes

Probably too embarrassing and a hurdle of a public relations walking a fine line of shooting themselves in the foot over bravado.

3 Likes

They literally did this with each raid in Classic. Here is their shoutout for Naxx:

1 Like

I’m just saying it’s odd to expect them to do it anyway. But nax was the finale of classic anyway, even tho I still don’t see any of this as a big achievement at all lol.

2 Likes

The grind, attunement, and downing of the bosses is a massive achievement. People downplay this, but nothing has ever come close to this feat. It’s very impressive imo

no need to apologize for it. world first was 15 years ago. nothing new was accomplished.

8 Likes

Good thing your opinion is irrelevant. But keep squawking short stuff.

People aren’t down playing it, people just clearly aren’t that impressed. It was expected. Nothing new. Impressive would have been, nobody reached level 70 yet because world pvp was ridiculous, considering the game is called world of Warcraft. But to see someone, or a group of someone’s do something that was predictable and pretty known would happen, is not impressive.

3 Likes

No it’s really not. We understand and we know everything this game has to offer. There is nothing new here. At least in some other games that have speed run records when a record comes out some new route or new tech is developed that’s extremely ground breaking and you can see the skill needed to perform some of the moves to beat a game that fast.

Wow tbc is literally just “wow these guys stayed by their computers for 2 days straight and spammed dungeons and then cleared a raid that I can literally do in my own head right now because I know it so well”.

Wow man such achieve.

1 Like

I’ll never understand people sweatharding for “”“world first”"" in a re-release of a 15 year old game.

13 Likes

Blizzard was too busy getting secondary attributes working on gear.

3 Likes

Nobody cares is why.

Classic had mad hype.

I’m enjoying TBC a lot, but it doesn’t carry the same weight.

Remember when classic launched and the forums went crazy because it hit like 1.2 million twitch views???

Nobody mentioned it this time because it didn’t even break 500k and stayed under multiple other games.

2 Likes

Well obviously because that was the first ‘classic wow’ blizzard ever released. But also, even with big of an audience no one gave a single crap when the first people downed ony and rag. It was just basically golf claps and “wow these guys have no lives”

2 Likes

The world firsts in Classic were more impressive because they started from level 1 with zero gold.

In BC classic, they had toons geared and loaded up ready to go at launch. Much less impressive.

14 Likes

Technically we all started from level 1 with zero gold. People just optimized better this time around.

Who cleared first this time again?

Progress did it I believe within 23 hours of the Dark Portal open. They cleared all of the raids.

The only thing that impresses is me is that it was done even faster than I expected

I expected people to at least take a couple of days to get an entire raid team to 70

To be fair, the reason it was impressive when TBC was current was because people were figuring out the fights, learning mechanics, and figuring out where to get the best gear.

This time around is equivalent to taking a test with the cheat sheet next to you. They knew where all the best gear was. They knew what would be required to get the attunements. They knew all the bosses mechanics. They knew how classes played from the get go in this expansion.

This might sound like I’m belittling their accomplishment/achievements/say-what-you-will, but it’s the truth.

7 Likes