No boots in Exile's Reach

I knew this was an issue in beta, where there was a lack of boots (and cloak too) that went with the lovely armor set you collect from your adventures in Exile’s Reach. But now this is post-pre-patch and still nothing.

At first, I thought I had just maybe missed a chest or a rare boss that drops them, but after asking around and poking around online, Blizzard really did just leave us hanging on collecting the whole Exile’s reach set by omitting the boots and cloak. :frowning:

3 Likes

Well you see they’ll add them later in a different max level zone but a slightly different color.

1 Like

Someone mentioned that they’re a world drop? I can’t confirm if that’s true or not though. I scanned the entire island and never found them either.

1 Like

Weirdly they are on the appearance tab listed as a world drop. But that no one’s found them on the PTR or by now says they aren’t actually in. Adventurers need shoes!

3 Likes

Shoes are for the weak.

3 Likes

There are chest and I found that randomly drop wrist and other stuff. It might randomly drop boots and cloak. Just a guess.

I know they’re just BFA war campaign recolors, but for a starting character they do look pretty good, it’s a shame you can’t get them reliably.

2 Likes

Do like the Nelf druids do and go shoeless

A cloak can drop off the ogre rare wandering around the quillboar area and a cloak can also drop off the final boss in the dungeon

That’s a good strategy, everyone just roll trolls from now on.

2 Likes

So wowpedia has an article about everything in Exile’s Reach. The boots are supposed to be a reward for a quest. The thing is: The quest doesn’t flag properly so we never do it, and therefore never get the boots
wow(DOT)amepedia(DOT)com/Expeditionary_Plate_Warboots

1 Like

They didn’t want to offend the races that cannot wear shoes.

Seems to just be a oversight, since their viewable in the collections tab.

Though if you want to get the boots for transmog, their craftable with BfA crafting and can be transmogged at level 10.

Though walking out of the starting zone without boots is a weird oversight.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the point. Would be nice for new players at least to start of with a starter transmog set.

2 Likes

I’ve ground this zone for hours, the green set boots do not drop! Very very disappointed

I found my boots in a chest on beta :man_shrugging: I don’t think they should be in a chest but that’s where I got’em

1 Like

green quality or white. I got a pair of white quality boots from a chest, not anything that’s part of the set

Cloak is a drop from the last boss in the dungeon. You will have to be lucky with the drop. You can also run it multiple times.

Are there any updates about this? I’ve not been able to find any boots in Exiles Reach and it messes with my lvl 10 transmog outfits.

2 Likes

The craftable BFA sets are the same. Getting that will finish the set.

1 Like