No Beta inv for streamer bashing WoW

Please blizzard, give beta invite to customer been loyal to you from day 1, not shows vampire sucking blood on you, especially those streamer banned numerous times

4 Likes

It’s entirely possible nobody will get a beta invite.

but if they have one, streamers and YouTubers will get the first keys for the reasons of publicity. That’s just how it works.

13 Likes

asmongold should be the only one to get a beta invite

19 Likes

But if he is the only one then how can he get his guild to mass report him and get him auto silenced just for typing “I love world of Warcraft”?

The streamers probably care more about the game than you do, seeing as they play the game for their job. WoW is being bashed because retail WoW is a genuinely bad and unfun game. Very few apects of the game aren’t suffering in 8.1.5, the game is broken. Streamers are just the face of the community.

4 Likes

I don’t think they necessarily care more because they have the ability to stream it.

1 Like

Criticizing a game can often mean someone cares about the game. Now, criticizing and straight up bashing are different…but that’s not always an easy line to find.

It’s easy for me to determine myself, but you’d need a very specific example to say for sure.

If someone wants to play, let them; if they want to poke fun at how bad it is, then…they won’t care to play.

Not something to worry about, imo.

PRAISE THE LORD, SOME ONE GETS IT! Seriously, there is zero need for a beta, this is something that Xan brought up on the old forum and I 100% totally agree.

6 Likes

yes, all opinions that differ from hive mind, must be silenced…so saith the hive.

1 Like

Only give beta invites to bootlickers? That doesn’t sound corrupt at all. I doubt we’re getting a beta at all if they’re planning to release during the summer.

if they do a beta I hope people who been playing SINCE vanilla get one :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a recuring theme here, unfortunately.

I do hope there is a beta, I want classic to be the best and most authentic experience possible and the I think the best way to do that would be to have a beta to find any bugs and inconsistencies. I can understand giving streamers and youtubers invites to beta as it essentially free advertising and hype generation. After that I think they should prioritize people who have played in the original vanilla wow. People who played in the original vanilla would be the ones that would best known how things should be and would be the ones that would take notice during beta if something was off or didn’t behave the way it was during vanilla. After that they should prioritize regular classic forums posters as they would be the most passionate about trying beta and testing the game.

I think they do. Streamers, at least the Classicast crew, seemingly had an in with Blizzard through the former CM Yithisens.

Streamers provide a great benefit to getting beta keys. They have an audience of thousands. Asmongold, as much as the forum dislike him, has sometimes 20,000 people watching him. And various youtube videos of him reach 200,000 views.

So that’s a good audience to view your BETA and get people hyped for you game! Not saying that they should get BETA invites solely because they’re streamers. But it makes good business sense since it’s like free advertising.

1 Like

I’m confused by your reply. Streamers couldn’t stream without money. Just because they have the ability to stream does not mean they care more than me. I’d love to stream but I can’t. They are luckier than me but that doesn’t mean I care less than they do. You do realize I was ONLY talking about them “caring more because they stream” right?

1 Like

Oh, apologies! I misread your response then.

Let me reply correctly.

I…I can totally see that being the case for some of them. There are certainly some streamers on Twitch who totally don’t really care too much for the game.

no one will see a beta before august

What about esfand, tips out and alexsensual? And me?

It’s “say-eth”

I don’t think Alex will ever get a beta invite. He’s perpetually unhappy with anything that’s not a private server.

3 Likes