No Battlegroups?

I have seen no confirmation, but as I understand it battlegroups were more of a technical limitation of the time. Server locations have been consolidated since then and that is why they got rid of the groups, and I don’t expect to see battlegroups in Classic.

1 Like

you will most likely see a us west battlegroup and us east BG and same with all the other regions.

here you go

1 Like

looks like all players are in a pool 51 and up.so its not battle groups.

That ship has sailed.

read further in the post

Region is typically defined as to where your battle net is restricted.

i did it donesnt say there will be battle masters so you will have to go to the places and queue…lol.

horde will camp the alliance at the pvp queues spots?

you can queue in every major city…

1 Like

I see battlemasters horde and alliance side in the cities. Less they plan to picket cities which I don’t see turning out well… With amount people on mostly at once…

my bad it did.

s’all good m’808. go out and educate the masses that horde will never suffer at the hands of the ally pettiness.

they can be children/victims all they want but in the end, blizz comes through… FOR THE HORDE

“In your region”

A lot of people are crying about playing against EU servers and such… not gonna happen.

oh 100% won’t happen at all. i’ll agree to that.

you won’t even play against people in US west lest alone europe

3 Battlegroups for the US Client:
.One for US West
.Another one for US East (including Latin america and Brazil because they use the same datacenter)
.And the third one for Oceanic realms

This would be the most appropiate way to classify the battlegroups but they haven’t confirmed anything yet, they just said “IN YOUR REGION”, seriously blizzard sucks at announcements, every time they do a bluepost it ends up creating more questions than answers.

Whenever Blizzard talks about a “region”, it usually refers to NA, EU, etc.

What is with people’s obsession with rivalries and being “known”? It’s like everyone wants to be a celebrity, be part of the cool clique, sit at the cool kid table. Maybe that is what’s driving the whole streamer derangement syndrome.

I just want to play the game.

4 Likes

Well, while I’m disappointed like many that there won’t at least be battlegroups. I’m not really upset about it, but definitely disappointed.

Regarding your question, I will give you an example of how it was back on my realm during Vanilla when it was live. With battlegrounds being completely cross-realm, the likelihood of this is very, very low I would imagine.

I played alliance on Alexstrasza realm back in Vanilla. There was a horde PvP guild that we all grew to know for better or worse on that server. I remember going into a bg and seeing that guild tag and just knowing it was game over lol. The guild was very, very good. And the cool thing is even the alliance respected this enemy faction guild. We saw them often in bg’s and certain players. There is something about that that makes the game more community minded.

I remember later on I decided to try horde. I was in Orgrimmar one day on my troll hunter when I saw some alliance players asking this horde PvP guild what happened in the last bg, they had actually lost. The alliance player had made a horde character to talk to them. There wasn’t trash talk or anyone being a jerk to each other. It was a mutual respect for each other.

I also remember this one twink rogue I came across a lot in bg’s. I knew when I saw him it probably meant my death lol. I saw this guy all the time and got killed by him many, many times. When I went to horde side it was actually cool being on his team. I was now on the same team of the guy who killed me many times as alliance.

The thing is, these things aren’t very likely to happen with battlegrounds being completely cross-realm. I won’t be seeing that horde guild that both sides had a mutual respect for. The chances of seeing the same people more than once will be extremely low. I won’t be fearful of that twink rogue or any of that.

It’s not about being a “celebrity” and doesn’t have a single thing to do with some odd streamer derangement syndrome. That’s just silliness. But rivalries are definitely fun and makes things much more exciting.

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

I never got far in Vanilla but it was exciting getting into a BG to see your nemesis and think to yourself today’s the day I finally outplay this guy!

3 Likes

They want to be able to tell if they’re playing against a premade so they can avoid joining the battle.

1 Like