No Aysa or Ji?

it seems to me like any pandaren in the horde or alliance joined as individuals as while maybe other people interpreted this differently than me but I saw no evidence of an actual pandaren state or government in mop seemed like a bunch of loosely connected settlements with some larger groups like the shadow pan and the golden lotus.

But showing Aysa or Ji means less Anduin or Jaina!

I would add an /s, but we all know the drones actually think that.

2 Likes

god, i hope so.

We see native Pandaren(Named ones; cannot say the exact names from memory) in BfA, alongside Hozen in particular as random Horde troops. As well as undead troops on Sylvanas’ ship. We see Pearlfin Jinyu in Boralus as well. I would certainly say they officially joined.

I hope they get their story continued, there’s still a bit of unresolved sexual tension.

They don’t breed so well in captivity.

2 Likes

Theory: The Vulpera are taking advantage of the horde for their own benefit.

I mean think about it. The Vulpera live on an island between two powerful factions; the Zandalari Empire and what remains of the sethrak. With the Zandalari allying with the Horde, there’s really nothing the Vulpera could do if Talanji decided to expand her grip into the rest of Zandalar (and as we saw in Cataclysm and MoP, the Zandalari are certainly not averse to expansionism)

So the Vulpera need someone on their side. The Sethrak aren’t going to happen, so that leaves the Horde or the Alliance; aligning with the Alliance would straight-u[ lead to war with Zandalar and their allies and the Vulpera would be wiped out before Jaina’s superboat could show up. So, the Horde then.

Problem is the Vulpera honestly have nothing to offer to the Horde at all. They don’t have numbers. They don’t have resources. I guess that they could teach the orcs how to survive in a desert, which they STILL haven’t figured out after twenty years of squatting in Durotar, but who can teach an orc anything?

Baine is perfectly in the right (MAN that feels weird to say) to turn htem away; they would simply be a liability to the horde in its current state.

But luckily for the Vulpera, Baine is also a moron - and so is the “Champion of the Horde” (I mean we literally just do whatever the quest objective tell us, we can’t be that bright.) So Kira hangs out at Grommash Hold, hears the rest of the horde complain about things, and gets an idea… And so we get the recruitment questline for the Vulpera.

…In which the Vulpera themselves to jack squat. Meera just hangs out in Suramar while you and some other Hordeies do all the work, then she takes credit. Same with Kiro in Twilight Highlands. he gives you a totem that makes extra meat, but otherwise contributes nothing. Nishka DOES jump into a huge Naga’s face, but that’s becuase Nishka is a deranged rage-filled psychopath and I love her, she’s perfect.

The “Champion of the Horde” does all the lifting, all the errand-running, al lthe fighting… .and the Vulpera pose like they did it all and so Baine, beign hte easily-flummoxed unculate that he is, welcomes htem in as full members of hte Horde… and so, we see dang near their entire population move into orgrimmar.

safe and sound and very far away from the Sethrak, with no obligations or responsibilities and just an open-ended blessing form a dude who’s as easy to manipulate as a four year old.

Good for us!

2 Likes

Welcome to the “perks” of being a Neutral race. Indeed worth nothing narrative wise. A dead end.

Putting Aysa and/or Ji (especially Ji instead of Calia or Valeera) would have costed us a raid tier U.U …

1 Like

We need more cute panda people though :gift_heart:

1 Like

Hehehe I was just joking around (though in retrospective, not joking at all) with Anya. Weren´t you aware of the old dev BS excuse of “we didn´t do X cause it would have costed the equivalent to a raid tier in resources”.

I think it was said back in Cata…

1 Like

I always felt they fit better on the Horde since they are a beast race and have Shamens.

1 Like