No Affixes Looks Like Fun, Can We Keep This?

Been watching a few streams of people playing Mythic + without affixes, and what a breath of fresh air. Now we can just play the game. I hope this isn’t a bug and it’s a test. Because I don’t know about you but Incorporeal and Afflicted has really made me question my enjoyment of Mythic +.

Would you like a week free of the noise of affixes? I know I would.

2 Likes

It is a bug and it will be fixed.

On the other hand no chance they would get rid of affixes for that is the “challenging” part outside of the scaling. There is already a problem with balancing difficulty between high end players and everybody else.

On the other hand I would find it interesting if they tried to divert from it all and try to make it challenging via other means other than scaling or affixes.

1 Like

Funniest reset day ever.

1 Like

I would say the timer is more of a challenge than affixes or scaling

1 Like

That would be stale by next week.

Would be cool if there was an option to switch your key to no Affixes other then Fort/Tyr and scaling, but it offered no rating and lower rewards. I’m sure a lot of people would like it

I agree.
remove timer too.

Male Human Paladin.

Hell yea. Creme de la creme.

I think it would be fun to have 1 week at the end of the rotation with no affixes. It would be a fun to have a short break and to do things you wouldnt otherwise be able to do in keys. Have it be a no score week if that makes people feel better about it losing the challenge, but have it still give loot and vault stuff.

1 Like

If you want no affixes do M+0 or heroics.

Just don’t expect the same credit and rewards. The game - and MMOs generally - are based on progressive difficulty and increased character power. Difficulty is important and good for the game.

And the current system isn’t stale already how?

This will get boring real fast not having affixes to deal with. It’ll be heroic +.

No thanks.

Just run heriocs on a badly geared character, and there you go.

Fresh dungeons every 6 months that feel different every week due to fort/tyrannical along with the other affix combinations isn’t stale at all.

New dungeons has nothing to do with the affix argument though. The point is that affixes get just as boring as if they didn’t exist at all, especially since it seems like Blizzard is no longer capable of designing affixes that aren’t hot garbage. Maybe, maybe leave fort/tyrannical in…M+ would be much more fun without the rest.

Would be neat…for a week. Then next week you realize the dungeons are the exact same with no different spices (affixes) and you become immediately bored. I get bored just thinking about it lol.

I just want affixes to actually change how the dungeon/mobs play and not just be a fly that keeps buzzing in your ear trying to distract you.

That’s basically how most affixes feel to me.

I want passive affixes more like arpgs where it buffs/nerfs mobs in the dungeon in a way that gives them unique strengths and weaknesses and actually changes the feel of how you fight them.

Pretty much every affix that is supposed to punish you for over pulling (which is required to time) doesn’t change how you play, you still have to overpull, you just now have to deal with a ton more BS while doing so.

Bringing back something like teeming but instead just making it literally:

There are now 2 of every boss/mob and they have 50% health and damage and % count. That’s it.

Makes things kind of interesting and makes aoe clearly better that week. Etc.

You mean like how every raid is the same, week after week, and somehow people don’t get bored? Affixes did not exist for the vast majority of WoW’s life, yet we all seemed to get along just fine. I don’t know where this idea came from that M+ would be unplayable without them…it is completely and utterly wrong.

1 Like

Yes, I 100% agree that affixes should affect the mobs already in the dungeon…stuff randomly spawning into it is pretty lazy game design IMO. Blizz can’t seem to take the time to figure out how to make dungeons more interesting on their own, so instead they just drop random crap in that serves no purpose other than to annoy. Afflicted, Incorp, and Entangling are all hot garbage.

Bolstering is one of my more favorite affixes because it actually requires a modicum of strategy and also does not overtly punish tanks/healers. Personally I think any affix that is more than slightly anti-tank or anti-healer should be killed with fire.