Nightborne should have withered options

Forsaken are already dead and nobody says anything about them :frowning:

wasn’t bloodelves basicly the same way as nightbourne. withered things jumping around all mana addicted. Elves really need to deal with their addiction issues. Next we are going to have void addicted elves.

We have the wretched. They have the withered. Some of them healed when Arcan’dor and the Sunwell were restored. Some still exist but don’t spread anymore. I’d like to see the rest healed in Midnight.

Some nightfallen healed. They were sick but not too far gone. Once they become withered though there is no recovering.

Tell that to Thalyssra and much of her assistants and friends. They were all withered.

2 Likes

No they were nightfallen. Withered is when they become unrecoverable. It’s what we saw happen with Runas. When met him when he was nightfallen. He was desperate and a bit feral but he still had consciousness and awareness. Then when he slips further he becomes withered and loses all sense of himself.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that is true. I forgot that there were different states of decline.

just read the wiki on both these…

literally sound like the same thing just called different things because of different races.

Both is due to an addiction of arcane magic. And bringing them down to a state of looking like they do and both tbh look the same when in that state.

I’ll just call them gollums… as they run around looking for their precious.

1 Like

We should give them the Light’s peace. They deserve an eternal rest.

If Nightborne are ugly, Night Elves are hideous and beyond salvaging.

Why? I thought the point of the quest chain throughout Legion was they’re cured.

1 Like

The nightborne npcs look pretty good but for some reason the nightborne player models looks like they have been mugged and beaten the ugly into them.

The player models still have that weird floating shoulders with some sets. If they copy pasted the npcs models over it wouldve been fine but nope we got the half assed bare minimum for the amount i get payed type of work.

I’d rather get more color options for my glowing hands. Fel green for Warlocks and gold for Priest (and Paladin in the future) would be dope.

Yep. But GD being GD.

Look at the Night Elf faces and then compare the Nightborne ones. Are you noticing a pattern? One conventionally attractive “youthful” option and then several wrinkly, angry, unattractive faces.

The poor state of the Nightborne’s appearance is complete developer laziness that still needs to be addressed.

I’ve detailed some of the issues with the playable Nightborne here: Nightborne Customization Thread

No, they shouldn’t. The entire storyline of Suramar was about curing the Nightborne’s addiction and reverting the Nightfallen status.

1 Like

And Draenei should have a Broken form. Akama is way more based than any other Draenei.

I’d be much more interested in playing a Nightborne if they had that “nightfallen” look available. As it stands, they’re just another generic elf in a sea of generic elves. They’re boring at best.

Honestly, having the whole race “stuck” at the nightfallen stage would have been a much more interesting story. Yes, they’re free of their tyrannical queen, but at what cost? Conflict is at the heart of any good story, and by curing them, there’s no conflict left.

Imagine if they had a racial passive that gave them a small buff whenever they took magic damage. Nightborne players would keep dipping into magic attacks to get their buff, like the magic addicts the characters would supposedly be. Gameplay and story working together, madness.

Anyway, it’s a moot point. At absolute best, Blizzard would crank out some half-baked cosmetic skins and a 15 minute questline that made almost no sense. Right, red draenei?

2 Likes

Lol, kinda like how worgen/evokers change in combat, nightborne just turn into their withered version if they don’t drink a cure every day?

I’d be up for that.

I didn’t think that deeply into it, but I really like that idea

Hell ya sign me up! I’d make one for that specifically!