Nightborne race split

The Thalassian people are split into two, the Blood Elves who choose homeland over everything, and the High Elves who choose friends and family over homeland

It would be nice if some Nightborne citizens chose to join the Alliance and reunite with their long lost relatives and friends among the Kaldorei. Some reasoned the interest with the arcane tech of the gnomes and draenei, how the Shen’dralar survived the Sundering, and how Jaina was able to scare Thalyssra away from Stormwind.

This group could be given a name, also they could wear skimpy outfits like that of the high ranking npcs cause alliance cities doesn’t stink (nightborne npcs in suramar and silvermoon wear full commoner robes)

8 Likes

While defectors are possible at any point, i don’t see playable Alliance Nightborne happening after Blizzard decided to make the Nightborne a Horde raceover a neutral race like the Pandaren.

I keep seeing this and I keep wandering why people fail to get starting a fight in the middle of Stormwind is not what the stealth mission wanted or needed. The goal was to get in to rescue the captured Zandalari and leave asap.

Incidentally if the mission had gone perfectly without being noticed the Alliance wouldn’t have sought out Kul’Tiras. Since at least from my understanding it was the thought of the Horde allying with a naval power like the Zandalari that motivated them.

25 Likes

Alliance player asking for a horde race thread number 2871…

39 Likes

This sort of thread belongs on GD.

8 Likes

OP did one on the GD about forest troll joining the alliance.

OP is trolling and trolling doesn’t belong more in the GD, it just belong nowhere.

9 Likes

Because that scene tends to emphasise the threat Jaina herself represents vs that of the entire city and the need to get out quickly.

2 Likes

This might have worked in Legion, if, say, Silgryn’s interest in the Horde had been mirrored with Victoire’s interest in the Alliance, but it’s a moot point now. Nightborne are night elves for the Horde in the same way void elves are blood elves for the Alliance. That was the trade.

10 Likes

You’ve obviouly have never been to Stormwind.

Yeah I saw a similar thread in GD about Trolls joining the Alliance. The OP is clearly Trolling where ever he can. I guess that is one way to spend the day.

Such outlandish whining did yield the Alliance a motley crew of cast off Sindorei.

The tears of the Alliance seem to drive every choice the Devs make. I wouldn’t be surprised if Blizzard gave the Alliance Orcs, while giving the Horde nothing (or a Warchief that calls it nothing).

6 Likes

The Nightborne joining the Alliance could very well have happened, if not for Tyrande’s harsh words towards Thalyssra.

Could give the horde a splinter faction of worgen. Would make me happy and than I could xfer over

2 Likes

I always thought the Worgens’ aesthetic stood out from the rest of the Alliance races’ aesthetics.

1 Like

They don’t fit in with the rest of the alliance. But I could see them allying with the forsaken to protect themselves from alliance aggression

There is still this Worgen cult in Grizzly Hills isn’t it? Maybe we try to seduce those to join our ranks.

1 Like

They fit very well with the Night Elves. Just as how Dwarves fit well with Humans.

1 Like

This character is a Nightborne in my backstory for her. She left the Horde when they burned her relatives in Teldrassil.

8 Likes

I mean, Gilneas is one of the original human kingdoms so they do fit in the alliance naturally.
The feral worgen though? There’s possibilities. Not the Bloodfang probably, due to their bitter hatred towards the Forsaken, but the Bloodmoon pack would be an option, yes. They are leaderless after Arugal was killed for good.

3 Likes

Good RP reason.

Lore wise, the Nightborne should have stayed neutral or at least become neutral when the burning happened. Giving room for individual members to drop neutrality to join either faction if they choose.

It just feels so weird how Nightborne didn’t want to become conquerors but then join the Horde and still remain apart of said faction when a good chunk of their night elf kin are burned alive.

4 Likes

The nightborne are hardly alone here. The entire non-Forsaken Horde should have been out after the genocide.

4 Likes

You would not have had any relatives in Teldrassil. the two cultures separated over 13,000 years ago. And the Nightbourne are not immortal. (neither are the Night Elves any longer, but we digress)

1 Like