Nightborne Leaders in Shadowlands

Would love to see some updates to their story besides Thalyssra and Lorthremar flirting. Its really cool to see KT’s story with Kel’Thuzad as an update to the BE narrative created in BC.

It would be nice to see maybe a sort of detente between the Shaldorei and the Kaldorei through the Tyrande story. Or even see Elisande somehow regretting her actions in the Maw.

8 Likes

It’s unlikely, but I can potentially see the Nightborne being involved with helping Ashamane, whose wildseed was one of the few chosen to be saved during the anima drought for rebirth. For those that don’t know, Ashamane sacrificed themselves during the War of the Ancients to give the elves of Suramar time to erect their shield.

As for how Thalyssra can help, I think bringing the withered army directly to Ardenweald as anima fuel would be a nice ending for them.

I think given the fact that Thalyssra interacted with Shandris on decent terms during the Nazjatar questline, they might be open to working together again in Shadowlands.

5 Likes

The Elf narrative will happen in 10.0. The Alliance=Bad expac where all elves battle for the control of Quel’thalas

Might see Elisande needed in the Necrolord campaign to understand the plans of the Primus.

They somehow got through the entire Ny’alotha storyline without involving the Void Elves. I don’t think the Allied races are slated for any writing any time soon.

17 Likes

It did have the lightforged, void elves, dark irons, and mag’har in N’zoth’s visions. What felt weirder is the disappearance of the Zandalari when we reached Nazjatar.

i hope so this would be epic imo

I’m pretty sure Blizz outright said that Allied Races won’t be getting the type of development that core races get. So outside of specific characters popping up or some development in a novel, I think Allied Races are going to stay as they are.

Its too early in the morning… I re-read this line 7 times before realizing you used KT as an abbreviation for Kael’thas and not Kel’thuzad.

4 Likes

I don’t think that’s a likely scenario at all, but I’ll humor you: what elves are you proposing would fight against the Nightborne and Blood Elves in that battle? Maybe there are elves I don’t know about.

The Night Elves would 100% not pledge themselves to that battle, and the Void Elves are too insignificant to even consider.

3 Likes

I did enjoy seeing Ashamane in the Nightfae covenant storyline quests. There was no explicit mention of the Nightborne but he did sacrifice himself to allow them time to erect the barrier around Suramar. It was a nice tie-in with the follow up with loas.

Love the idea of Elisande somehow helping with an explanation of the Primus though. That is cool!

To be fair, some allied races will be picked over others for story purposes. Kul’tirans and Zandalari trolls had their own expansion worth of lore, and had massive previous lore before.
Nightborne are very well connected to Night Elves and Blood Elves. THE biggest Nelf names come from Suramar. Nightborne are poised to have more lore coming their way. Void Elves origin story is little and lame and pales in comparison to other allied races.

Talanji being the only Horde leader, at the time, not being involved in the final of the war campaign always bugged me.

1 Like

Why should night elves and nightborne care for some dump in the Eastern Kingdoms?

The Nightborne would care to keep it in Blood Elven hands.

1 Like

they did before in TBC. Blood Elves are Horde.

Because they’re friends

True but an understatement too. “Can we join the Alliance?” Who are you? You know what nevermind uh… sure here’s some T-Shirts

Yeah i loved seeing kul tiras!

Kel’thuzad is the original KT. Kael’thas is just a wannabe. Change my mind!!!

1 Like

I say Kel’thuzad for president! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: