Nightborne Customization Thread

I hope this is explored further in the future. Even outside of the examples you provided, the Nightborne very simply have a strong affinity and curiosity for magic of all kinds that I could see a minority of the Nightborne population embracing druidism.

If that does happen, it would be cute for there to be a quest where we shut down the menagerie in Suramar and have the animals relocated/released. :yum:

7 Likes

I’m all for Nightborne druids. Why not? I’d play arcane kitty and arcane chicken.

And Highmountain Warlocks. Look Blizzard they were RIGHT THERE WITH THE BLOODTOTEM HOW COULD YOU MISS THAT?

4 Likes

Their racial increases magic damage yet they have access to very few pure magic output classes.
There damage racial gets better use out of melee magic users since the aoe scales of attack power. The 1% magic damage buff is useless to like wartiors and mostly physical school users. The magic damage buff should be like 2% imo. Since others get better stats like hmt getting 1% verse which is 1% all damage buff and 0.5% damage mitigation to all damage for example.

I would love to play an elemental master nightborne, battle mage (enhancement), water sage (resto shaman), nightborne botanist - forcing nature through arcane magics and maybe taught form changes by horde allies and the valewalker.

I also think Nightborne paladins would be cool since they used to have Elune worship, it isn’t as prevalent now as the night elves, but the tomb of sargeras which is nearby shows the elune worship heavily.

The class skins idea would make stuff like paladins of say water or fire magics or maybe even arcane versions like the spellblades cool.

2 Likes

The Night elves will say, the Nightborne do not respect nature, they abuse it.

However, High Botanist Tel’arn says the following, “I alone have mastered the delicate intertwining of magic into nature’s grand cycle.”

Meaning, he was the first to be able to grow the trees, and plants of Suramar, without sunlight, moonlight, but just with arcane.

Whenever a Nightborne player suggests giving the druid class to the Nightborne, other people start throwing rocks at them, without understanding that we already have so said “druids”.

The Nightborne has all the rights to be a druid, but druid not in sense of being druid like Tauren or Nightelves, who follow the ways of Cenarius, such as respecting the nature and etc.

At the moment, in-game we have more races, which does NOT match the ideology of the Druidism. However, they have access to being Druid as a class.

Darkspear trolls, are able to shapeshift to the looks of their loas. Gonk have taught the Darkspear trolls how to be a “druid”, not Cenarius, or any members of the Cenarion circle.

Kul’tiran drust or Thornspeakers.

Zandalari raptari- again, learnt their shapeshifting abilities from the loa Gonk.

I have mentioned, before, those Shal’dorei naturalists, they are casting wraith, roots, thorns and etc.

At this point, I just believe, that they have missed that part, or they were lazy to give unique forms.

Farodin who is still a keeper, and who is still a proto druid, and a highborn, is with the Shal’dorei, and I would see him as a mentor to the new druid Shal’dorei.

8 Likes

I unlocked the Nightborne a good while ago but I hit the back button and chose a different race as soon as I saw dem scowling, shriveled, ugly mugs that’s on every single male face option.

Anyways, after hearing of the new updates I excitedly went to try again, only to see that instead of 4 choices of frowny, scowling, withered looking male Nightborne faces there are now 10 choices of frowny, scowling, withered looking faces…

On the bright side, the jaw and chin jewelery is a very nice touch though! The upper face jewelry is kinda tacky looking and just… doesn’t look good but maybe that’s simply personal opinion…

The tattoos are also excellent but should have an option to be a bit brighter, I can barely see them even when I zoom all the way in.

Also, a few different colored eyes woulda been cool too. The only option is white. They don’t even have pupils. Seems like eye color would be a small thing to have implemented but who knows, maybe I’m wrong.

Anyways, I’d love to say excellent job on the updates, but dang, I’d love to play a Nightborne that doesn’t look constipated or super old.

Can we get some more youthful, dare I say, handsome face options?

Heck, I thought younger looking face options was the main thing we were gonna be getting in this update, with ALL of the majority of previous feedback asking for exactly that.

4 Likes

The issue of the Nightborne is, their faces do not match those NPCs we have seen before, females, yes, they do kind of look like NPCs, however for the playable Nightborne males, to me, it looks like they have used the original concept of the Nightborne, rather than adding the existing Nightborne male face.

concept art:
https://imgur.com/a/OYDGQqZ

In-game NPC male face:

https://imgur.com/a/AmHQdhQ

As you may see, the nose shape is different on the concept art, than on the NPC face, the same applies to the ears and etc.

And yes Blizzard, I still have not forgiven you for not giving the most iconic hairstyle of the Nightborne male.

When the customizations were announced, I hoped it will be added back, even drew my OC with it.

https://imgur.com/a/iIWLFuh

But no, my astromancer stayed in her female form.

5 Likes

Personally, I feel like the playable male Nightborne’s faces are too faithful to the NPC version. All Nightborne NPCs share the same model (nose type, furrowed/angry brows, nasolabial wrinkles, gaunt cheeks), and those specific features of that model have been incorporated into nearly every male Nightborne face with only minor variations.

The male Nightborne NPC’s appearance is actually very deceptive. Unless you’re scrutinizing their face using a model viewer, the wrinkles and haggardness doesn’t read at all when looking at them in-game from a normal view distance. I almost wonder if that’s why so many players feel like the developers performed a bait and switch with the NPC → playable model.

5 Likes

I really hope they add the Druid class for them, it would make perfect sense with their lore especially since they were night elves to begin with. Who’s to say some of the night elves trapped in suramar weren’t already druids? And with Valewalker Farondins help he could guide them back on the druidic path and they’d be mana/arcane touched because of the effects from the nightwell. They already teased the mana saber cat form & arcane owl flight form when using the disguise in suramar, I can imagine the cool designs for their balance/bear forms too!

8 Likes
3 Likes

Look at Shiva here from Final Fantasy 7 Remake, taunting us with her high ponytail hairstyle that would be perfect for Nightborne.

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure Malfurion became the first Night Elf druid after the Sundering. Even if that is the case, there are plenty of avenues the developers could take with already established lore to make Nightborne druids possible without too much of a stretch.

7 Likes

Her skin tone wouldn’t be bad either.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing a lot of Legion content lately because I’m leveling professions. Seeing Suramar and the NPC nightborne make me so sad. Suramar City feels like a waste since nothing is being done with it although it’s the most beautiful city in the game. The NPCs look so cool and they have a completely different feel from the playable model. At least, that is how I feel when comparing the male models.

I just want the playble nightborne to look and feel regal like the NPCs and not like derpy grandpa elves. More customization please.

4 Likes

It is a horde city now technically : )
Personally I would love to revisit it or have a modern version with the horde races there. And some plot developments like felborne sector, some that decided to join the horde after the Legion’s defeat. Some that are warlocks. New felborne that explore the demonhunter class.

Also I would like for them to welcome any undead night elves and the close moonguard elves since they are sort of former kin. The undead night elves that chose to stay on horde would be nice to have a sector sort of. And the moonguard elves that choose to ally themselves with the horde would be a cool lore development. Enough to justify some cross customization like the high elves for void elf stuff.

It would also be nice seeing like Pandaren training nightborne monks, goblins enjoying the Nighborne life, Grumpy orcs, posh Blood elves, tauren that like druidism being interested in the Nighborne botanists, blood elf botanists chilling around the nighborne botanists and showing different types of plants they found in maybe the garden. Rangers training together (blood elf/nightborne/felborne/dark rangers (undead high elves/night elves).

So much they can do to give it a facelift.

2 Likes

I think it needs a bronze dragon toggle. Currently, I think only nightborne characters can visit the peaceful phased version in the Nighthold. The whole city needs to be updated so all NPCs are friendly, and are useful like bankers and vendors. I think an area for felborne would be cool and so would more DH options.

That would be more than helf/velf stuff since nelves have a whole other model. If you mean stuff like skin colors, hair colors, and maybe some reskinned fancier version of nelf hairstyles for nightborne then that’s fine. But I wouldn’t want to see nightborne become diluted into nelfs since they’re supposed to be their own thing now. As for the undead elves, I think they’d better fit with the forsaken. I honestly think they’re really lame and better left as forgotten lore.

Yeah, I agree. Also need NPCs like this to breathe life into Suramar. Make it seem like an actual city.

2 Likes

Personally would love to play as undead and moonguard nightborne through nightborne. Since void elves basically high jacked the blood elf/high elf look. It would be the same. And it wouldn’t really even matter much since… they are working on crossfaction grouping so it would be more like a preference anyway if you just like horde cities more/faction.

The red/pink skin would be nice on horde after all.

2 Likes

I was against that then and I still am. I against for the nelfs and nb as well.

Is this confirmed? I’d prefer they do this and open up the world than to homogenize the elf races.

They said they are open to it, something along those lines. Probably an expansion feature knowing blizz.

It’s a topic Hazzikostas has touched on before. During a BlizzConline Q&A panel earlier this year, Hazzikostas said the idea of cross-faction play wasn’t off the table.

“At the end of the day an MMO like World of Warcraft is about being able to play with your friends, being able to play where you want to be and arguably, there’s greater stretch in the faction identity if you feel you can truly choose the faction you identify with, that you feel most a part of, and not have to sacrifice that because you need to be with your group or you want to join a higher-rated guild," he said.

Still supporting more for Nightborne!

3 Likes

Happy new year my fellow Nightborne

4 Likes

Blizzard’s New Year resolution should be to make male nightborne hot :upside_down_face:

4 Likes