Nightborne and Night Elf Church Great Schism

From what I can tell the few religious Nightborne still follow Elune. Now that one of their enemy’s leaders is the High Priestess of Elune which is basically the Pope. Having a divided two separate but same church scenario would be interesring. It would be interesting if blizz touched on this divide. Maybe create a situation like the Great Catholic Schism. During this there was two Popes and both claimed to be the legit one. Maybe have a Nightborne High Priestess claiming to be the legitimate head of the church.

Sorry a head of times made this in a hurry on my phone.

1 Like

If they are getting cues from t heir Blood Elf sponsors, it’s definitely not to worship Elune. And there is no sign of Elune worship in Suramar. Not even in the PC’s part of Nighthold.

1 Like

The entire sisterhood left Suramar to fight in the wota. They didn’t even include the temple in the shield zone nor are there any remnants of the religion in modern Suramar. What I think would be intresting is if we learned what their priests worship now.

1 Like

I can agree that the idea of a theological schism between the Kaldorei and Shal’dorei would be interesting. Granted as those above me have more or less stated the Nightborne’s faith in Elune isn’t actually confirmed, just assumed based on a combination of Suramar’s past and lack of directly conflicting info.

I still think it would be interesting to explore from a roleplay perspective. One positive I find in cases like this where the official creators haven’t provided any input of their own is the freedom of speculation. I’ve personally reasoned that if there still are those maintaining professional faith in Suramar they’re likely rather small in number, but I digress.

Regardless it’s an interesting idea to me. While I did say I think it’d be an interesting roleplay topic I believe it would be best served in a short story or something; but that’s just me.