Night elves did NOT get their revenge. This is unacceptable!

True, and let us not forget the orcs in the Horde are made up of the ones who sailed across the ocean in a few ships, plus their descendants.

4 Likes

It’s safe to say it’s not a small amount of the Night Elven people that died, when it’s their one capitol city that was literally burned to the ground and the entire event is described as a genocide and was so monstrous that it sparked numerous extreme reactions in turn.

5 Likes

And let us not forget the river of wisps before that. The Horde wiped out a huge number of Night Elves before they even reached Teldrassil.

5 Likes

It still doesn’t account for Kaldorei in other zones or in Outland.

When you’re essentially a city state and the enemy purges their way through the most populated portion of land outside that to get to the city itself and then burns that and its surrounding land to the ground, it’s safe to say most of your people got killed - especially when it keeps being described as a genocide, which is only used for extremely impactful killings.

What’s left, Moonglade? A Druid holding that was shared with the Tauren, not a center of Night Elven population. Feralas? More a military holding and not heavily populated because it was a frontline before, which was heavily impacted before.

Ashenvale and Darkshore got purged outright, to the point that a giant river of wisps was seen and night elves that saw this were shocked at just how many there were. These were directly part of the “genocide” campaign, it’s safe to say these are most heavily impacted along with Teldrassil itself.

3 Likes

As well as Feralas, Stonetalon, Felwood, Winterspring, Mount Hyjal, and Val’sharah.

Additionally, another way to analyze how successful the evacuation was might actually be from some pictures that are in the physical copy of Elegy:

And the accompanying text about just how many Night Elves ended up in Stormwind and Elwynn Forest:

The Stormwind night was alive with controlled chaos. Even in an evacuation, when the night elves could be forgiven for being terrified and out of control, there was no screaming, no violence, no crush of bodies crowding one another in a stampede to safety.

The cathedral could hold no more refugees, not even in the darkest corners of its extensive catacombs. The inns had ten to fifteen in each room. Even certain areas of the keep were filled with silent, stoic kaldorei. The flood spread to seemingly every surface of the city, continued down through the Valley of Heroes, and spilled out most of the way to Goldshire.

4 Likes

That is a lot of Kaldorei civilians unless that is ALL of the Kaldorei civilians. Blizzard hammered home with their verbal description that there were very few civilians left. But, yeah, however many the story needs.

However many the story needs is always a safe bet, its what they’ve done with the Horde everytime even though realistically their numbers should be severely diminished by all the shenanigans they’ve gone through with that cival war and whatnot

1 Like

That leads me to believe in lore there was a great number that had survived and were displaced to SW.

2 Likes

Well, in Elegy it’s also mentioned that there are far too few night elves left now and they are dying as a race

1 Like

Hmm well if they filled up the streets of SW, then they are contradicting themselves lol.

4 Likes

Pretty sure the Vanilla intro stated that as well. They’ve been dying out just like every other PC race has been dying out (save for the Dwarves, those guys know whats up it seems). Honestly, the continuation of their species isn’t really a concern (outside of maybe them having to slightly shift their focus to reproduction a bit more than it once was; they don’t really have the luxury of 10k years of not having a single kid anymore … /looks at Tyrande and Malf.

The real question is WHERE they are going to rebuild? I have no idea what route Blizzard intends to go now that so many invasive species from AU Draenor got released into Kalimdor (with everyone too busy to deal with them). I also don’t know how to take the rebuilding of Stromgarde and the potential reclaiming of Gilneas … the Alliance pushing that heavily into Northern EK also is ominous… There are signs pointed towards and away from “Mostly” Faction Exclusive continents.

2 Likes

Incidentally, in Zuldazar during the faction assault a Night Elf has a tropical style Ancient with her that uses the same models as the Draenor Ancients.

I don’t think this means that there are Draenor Ancients that are siding with the Night Elves, but still interesting to get to see Night Elves associated with tropical themes.

4 Likes

That, is actually pretty cool tbh!

3 Likes

Could you expound on that? I’m not sure that was really brought up Alliance side.

If you’re talking about the invasive species element … the AU Mag’har weren’t the only Dreanor species to come back from that world. Ogre’s, Gronn, Ogron came along for the ride of course. Saberon managed to hitch a ride with the mass teleport. However, more terrifyingly, it appears that a small population of Botani also managed to sneak in to the evacuation of that AU World (and were last seen running Northwest from Durotar). Both the Cat People, and the parasitic plant people are here; unattended; and loose on Kalimdor right now…

And 10 to 1 those cordyceps people managed to bring along some Genesaur cores…

2 Likes

It is the plants that are the most troubling.

3 Likes

Ayup … and no-one is paying attention to them. Those Plant Monsters are free to do as they please while everyone is distracted with bigger things…

3 Likes

Night Elves have been getting screwed over since Cataclysm

9 Likes

I’ve kind of had the theory that the (Horde/forsaken) retake arathi and night elves retake darkshore. I only say that because of whom first got the chance to “retake” a zone. Horde got the first try and arathi from the stand point that the alliance had invaded Lordaeron and vice-versa with darkshore.

There was no saying of what happened to silverpine and hillsbrad for the forsaken? I have a hunch that blizz forgot about this? But probably for all intents and purposes they are gone in the mean time.

1 Like