Night elves did NOT get their revenge. This is unacceptable!

speaking of legion, i was really disappointed how underutilized Jarod Shadowsong was in that expansion. I was super pumped to get the War of the Ancients band back together.

Instead more focus went on Ravencrest. Yea he was an awesome character too, but come on Jarod led the resistance forces to victory against the burning legion back then!

5 Likes

Kaldorei had allot of towns scattered across the two worlds. Even military camps have civilians tending them. And then you have the un-listed off the beaten path civilians like House Edune in Ashenvale.

2 Likes

Where in the novella did they say that? And where did Blizzard say that?

Tyrande, i believe, was the one who realized it after the burning. And a developer was the one who said “not enough” survived about a year ago. Either in an interview or perhaps a tweet. It was a while back, shortly after the burning.

1 Like

My point is in asking for you for a source. Same as you asked for one:

Merely repeating a claim is not providing said claim’s existence.

that’s what I’d like to know, too. It’s more like around 80-90%

2 Likes

Fair enough. I will look them up if I can. Also, if anyone can remember where not enough came from, I would be grateful if you chimed in.

Ugh Okay, I will own this one. I just checked Elegy and I cannot find it. It was a year since I read it, and I seem to have misremembered the specifics of what was said. That is entirely on me. I am really sure about the other quote from a Blizzard staff member, and I will bring it back when I find it.

1 Like

Tyrande actually said that there are not enough night elves left after the burning. (Elegy)

1 Like

No she didn’t. Specifically I question the “left” part. “Left” for what?

" The World Tree was more than a city. It was an entire land, home to countless innocents. How many night elves were elsewhere in Azeroth? Far too few. Now, they were all who remained of their people."
Page 5, Elegy

4 Likes

Hmmm. But is that saying that there’s “too few” just in comparison to how many there were? Or that there are literally too few Night Elves to sustain a population?

1 Like

That is the line, yes, as I have cited before as well:

Her stating their being all who remains of her people is not the same as saying there aren’t enough of her people left.

1 Like

Being able to field an army isn’t really evidence of anything since we already know that the army was largely unscathed. What survived besides the army?

Well. “far too few” basically has the same meaning as “not enough”

1 Like

Not it doesn’t, as was looked at right above:

Too few as a statement of the tragedy of the people that died on Teldrassil. The Night Elves got back up just as they did after the genocide attempts made by the Legion as well.

All the Night Elves living elsewhere across Azeroth that Tyrande referenced as those who remained of their people.

2 Likes

Perhaps, but Tyrande doesn’t seem to believe there are that many of them.

As with everything Blizzard, there will always be enough Night Elves as is needed for the plot.

2 Likes

Agreed, but it seems that the story that Blizzard is selling requires that there not be that many of them left, besides nearly their entire army.

You’d think that, but Blood Elves are all over the place in the story despite the story Blizzard sold was of their fall at the hands of Arthas.