Night elves did NOT get their revenge. This is unacceptable!

Tyrande’s going to escape blame, as it’s the Night Warrior possessing her that’s caused her to be consumed with such self-destructive vengeance.

That’s why they’ve made such a big deal about her going through this ritual and being possessed by the Night Warrior instead of just letting her be the one who leads the campaign.

As soon as the Night Warrior is exorcised from her, Tyrande will be forgiven in the narrative.

Forgiven for what?

Neither will she get justice for her people nor will she land a blow on the horde.

8 Likes

See … my genuine fear here is that she’s going to do something that will either: A) Result in the Kaldorei losing their homes permanently; B) Lash out in blind aggression at another Alliance character; or C) Finish off Sylvie’s little “kill-quota” for her … ensuring that Sylvanas gets EXACTLY what she wants out of this entire conflict (leading us into the next expansion).

Long story short. I think Tyrande is totally justified in doing what she is doing right now. I am glad she is taking her lands back from the Horde, and now that the War is effectively “over” both the Kaldorei (and Gilneans) are lined up to get their respective lands back (should nothing rock the boat). However, she is also not JUST the Liadrin parallel of this story … she is the Kael parallel as well (and lets just say that bodes ill for someone who once chastised said Kael for being consumed by vengeance). She is being lined up here to make a mistake … what that will be I’m unsure.

3 Likes

Well, given the history of Blizzards’ writing, I’d asume it’s a mix between option A, B and C. They just want to spit in the faces of night elf players, maybe they want us to buy race changes or something, I don’t know.

2 Likes

So ontop of screwing over Tyrande, Blizzard will also screw over Elune? Typical!

Both Elune and the Night Elves.

They are probably going to make Tyrande beat up some orc in Darkshore trying to get her lands back and then a goblin miner is going to come and strike down the army of the black moon. And because they attacked horde territory, they won’t get their lands back as decided by Anduin and the horde’s next warchief.

1 Like

Chances are that she’s going to kill Sylvanas/Nathanos, and then go on to do a bunch of destructive stuff in addition. While under the influence of the Night Warrior, of course.

When they resettle the Night Elves in Northern Kalimdor, or claim the rest of the EK entirely, it won’t be because Tyrande personally won that land back through military might.

Edit Well not *solely through military might. The Horde/Alliance armistice is going to result in a halt to the fighting, so negotiations territory exchanges at that point should be pretty easy and shouldn’t require additional fighting unless for the sake of drama.

The Night Warrior isn’t all of Elune, and several Night Elves have a conversation in Boralus that this is the result of a mortal trying to harness the power of a goddess.

There’s absolutely no way it’s going to happen. Not only do the writers identify themselves with Sylvanas and Nathanos (thus give them immortality), but there are also no victories for night elves allowed.

She’s been stated in game to be hunting them down specifically.

Well, that means Sylvanas and Nathanos are going to kill her then

There’s absolutely nothing to support this.

2 Likes

Well, considering that the night elves haven’t had a single victory/happy moment since vanilla, I think it’s safe to say that this pattern will be continued.

2 Likes

To believe this, you’d have to ignore the fact that so much of the last expansion revolved around Demon Hunters, Illidain and his redemption and the Night Elf-centric Druid and Hunter order halls contributed to the the defeat of the Burning Legion.

Now if you want to talk about the general darker tone WoW tends to take, that’s one thing, but to call out Night Elves as never getting anything when WoW for the past decade or so has been a story revolving around who Varian/Anduin/Tyrande/Jaina are fighting next? I can’t agree.

2 Likes

I was more talking about those night elves that are in the alliance.

Well, the only time the night elves have been getting attention is when they lose. And in BfA they finally lost every single last bit of land, population and hope they had.

3 Likes

Order Halls didn’t require you to renounce your faction. But hey, if Tyrande is operating independently of the Alliance or even in opposition to it’s armistace with the Horde, then she can still totally kill Sylavanas and/or Nathanos and still fit into your criteria.

And no, the only time Night Elves get attention is not “when they lose”. You just acknowledged they got attention in Legion- you just don’t think it counts because they weren’t wearing the Alliance symbol on their chest the whole time.

2 Likes

It is about the Alliance Night Elves losing absolutely everything. They have only lost since vanilla, and they are left with nothing now.

Also, how do you expect Tyrande to defeat Sylvanas and Nathanos when she almost died to Nathanos in a 1v1 Situation? She has absolutely no chance, she will most likely die. Either that or she will be completely ignored/forgotten like the night elves after they have lost enough.

2 Likes

Are they still alive? Yes? Then they haven’t lost “everything”.

Do they have friends in the Alliance who are also hunting Sylvanas? Yes? Then they could possibly join the hunt, work as a team, and then take Sylvanas down together instead of going off by themselves.

Makes sense.

2 Likes

How do I expect Tyrande to defeat them?

Well, she won’t be Alliance if she’s continuing the war without/against them. By your criteria, that allows her the narrative freedom to actually accomplishing something.

Also, she got a power up. Not that it really matters, as we all know characters are only as powerful as they need to be for the sake of the story.

And the in game dialogue is building towards her confronting Sylvanas and/or Nathanos.

1 Like

They have a few survivors left

Their “friends” in the alliance wouldn’t be interested in helping the night elves get their lands back, though.

Well she fought Nathanos after that power up and if it wasn’t for Malfurion to intervene, she would’ve died there.

Also the ingame dialogue could mean anything at this point tbh. It’s just assumed that tyrande is hunting Sylvanas, but she could be very well on the ground after she died to a goblin miner in darkshore. Nobody has heard of her since 8.1.

3 Likes