Night elves did NOT get their revenge. This is unacceptable!

I am no less committed to playing this Huntress, or my NE Priest and Mage than I was before starting this expac… if anything, I’m even more so. In parrticular, this character takes every moment of her continued existence as defiance of the Horde’s efforts to sweep her and her people away.

3 Likes

I feel the same way.

However, I would not argue against justice for Teldrassil the way you do.

3 Likes

I’m not arguing for or against justice. I just want a good storyline… period. The Gnome, the High Elves, they all had their periods of near-extinction and survived them. I don’t believe that we should be trying to dictate how the story is written.

1 Like

I certainly don’t agree with you there.

It is obviously futile. But I have no issue spelling out how I wish Blizzard would address story points that I feel they would probably ignore.

Because I want this, too:

5 Likes

There is … Sira shows plenty of signs of doubt, anger, and frustration when you’re with her doing the Alliance side of the Tyrande Apothesis thread. She was already showing her doubt and resentment towards Elune, and probably Tyrande as well at this point. She then tries to solo Nathanos brimming with confidence that Elune is going to bring her victory which turns into rage when she realises that she’s going to die on that beach… along side the corpse of Daerlyn Summermoon.

2 Likes

Yeah Sira is understandable, Daerlyn on the other hand comes from left field.

2 Likes

Read Elegy… Daerlyn’s transition and disillusionment becomes VERY understandable as an emotional cascade. She did her best under a burden she was FAR from ready for… and she lost EVERYTHING, all her efforts turned to ash, all she tried to save, taken away. Sylvannas DID succeed in killing her hope… she BROKE her quite throughly. A person broken that throughly makes a hell of an opportunity for recruitment.

Quite frankly, my character shares those emotions, she’s all but given up on Elune, herself. And she’s not that impressed by the new Twilight Warrior either.

1 Like

I’ll reread it when I get a chance (I’ve read it but none of it settled into memory oddly), but it sounds like really bad writing just to justify having her join the Forsaken as a Dark Ranger.

5 Likes

It’s not Tolstoy, but we’re talking about fiction designed to set up a wargame… and I’ve seen worse.

1 Like

Lore wise, your choice of Night Warrior customization contradicts this.

But then, obviously nothing we role play is beholden to canon and nothing we role play affects canon, so doesn’t really matter.

3 Likes

Lorewise that has to do with her being in the area when things went down, not conscious choice. And she’s still feeling a healthy dose of rage.

Not just being in the area, but also, according to Terran Gregory, fighting on behalf of Elune.

1 Like

Of course she was fighting. That doesn’t change the fact that she’s less than impressed with the aftermath. Drahliana doesn’t hunt prey unless it’s to kill it… and the quarry finished the battle still alive.

1 Like

On behalf of Elune?

1 Like

On behalf of Elune, but mostly on behalf of the dead, and Her mother who died trying to save civillians in Darnassus, breaking her vow never to enter the city to do so.

I didnt’ say she stopped being a believer, but her faith isn’t that rock solid these days. Remember as far as she knows, Elune did NOTHING for those who died in the Tree.

2 Likes

So… can we expect to see Drahliana turn on her people and start killing her fellow kaldorei? Because I totally understand Delrayn’s and Sira’s disillusionment but I absolutely 100% do not buy that they would turn on the kaldorei people, alive or undead.

11 Likes

I think what the writers were going for with Delaryn is someone who’s broken before she dies and she resents that Elune didn’t do more to help then gets raised on top of it. Even when you talk to her, she seems like she’s given up and like she’s not really “there” in the conversation. It’s why I think that Delaryn is going to wake up at some point or pull herself together and she’ll be the one to turn on Sylvanas.

Sira just reminds me of that DPS player who pulls the boss early then gets killed and types “HEALS?!?!” in chat. She also screams early/mid raid boss to me so I think she’s on borrowed time.

8 Likes

I do find it funny that the might elves who have gobe though at least 1 war that was far worse nearly destroying the world seemed to back then lose 0 faith in Elune who like now stayed out of it as far as most would be concerned. So why is this what is honestly a comparatively small war enough to completly shatter faith.

The Elune didnt help thing just smacks of people that dont really seem to get relgion.

7 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/567791119245508618/623980675615162398/D6rpsjeW0AARg8I.jpg

I recently read an article that reported on the opposite of what Blizzard presented with the Undead Night Elves:

The data showed that people who had been more intensely affected by the violence of war were more likely to join or participate in religious groups and practice religious rituals. The data, collected in 2010 and 2011, came from previously published work by other researchers.

The more profound the impact of war on an individual — such as the death, injury or abduction of a household member — the greater the likelihood grew of that person turning to religion.

6 Likes