Night Elf Player Hate

I haven’t the slightest idea. I don’t follow along with datamining too closely. Somethings that my friends send me, but that’s it.

In any case, it’s Anduin. Like he’ll be anything less than perfect of his own volition. The writers will never let that happen.

He’s actually not perfect:

• Worst tactician in the entire Alliance
  • Blinded by his own morality
  • Lives in a bubble

The problem is he tries so hard to be all goodie, it’s annoying. He has a moral superiority complex that wants me to use a fork to rip my eyes out.

Problem is, when does any of that cause any consequences for him? We see him whine about war and preach pacifism but he’s never suffered beyond generic “oh the loss of these people is a heavy burden” messianic whining. He’s always the paragon even when he fails miserably at every turn.

5 Likes

God, I know right? He pretty much made the entire sacrifice of the Suicide team in Dazar’alor and the subsequent losses of the forces that entered the city, meaningless. By giving up and not ending the war when he could.

2 Likes

Mmhm. He’s a total failure and the narrative keeps ignoring that in favour of shilling him instead.

1 Like

Nobody can deny that Stormwind and by correlation humans didn’t get kicked around. But come on, in one single act the Nelves got decimated on all fronts. It was gut wrenching, if you are trying to compare things, then let’s put it this way. You have one event on the nelves story line. Then you have to stack up a whole lot of events on the human story line to make it … what equitable?
Yes, what happened to Theramore was an outrage, and if memory serves a lot of people on both sides in these forums were plenty unhappy about it. The others did not have as much impact even if they were horrible. We are talking about wiping out the majority of a single race by the opposing faction. Never been done before, and should not have happened in the first place, so excuse folks for getting upset about it.
To go back a bit , this comparing atrocities to see which is worse is in poor taste. If that’s what you use for an argument, then you really should sit down and look at your priorities. You end up with an argument that all of these horrible events mean nothing.
Do I want revenge for Teldrasil, yes. Do I want it at the cost of the Horde player base, Hell No. All that does is destroy an already angry,divided, and disillusioned player base. Lets face it. Bliz screwed the pony big time, but that doesn’t mean we should be at each others throats over it.

3 Likes

Honestly, at this point, I just really hope that Tyrande is allowed to take down Nate; and absolutely should at least get a shot at Sylvanas. Get Summermoon involved in that in some way on the side of Tyrande too.

4 Likes

Ill let you quote yourself then

Funny how often players contradict themselves to come off as haughty. My point was that Night elf players complain that they are always the ones get beaten down. Yet that isn’t the case and lots of different groups get beaten down by the story. The Alliance as a whole needs a Victory, not just one pandering to a portion of the faction.

There are plenty of ways to give the Alliance a victory without affecting the Horde player base. Simply having a quest chain where the Elves reclaim Ashenvale from Sylvanas Loyalists that are hold outs. Or having a campaign into Gilneas or Arathi doing the same. Have the zones phased at the end to show in Alliance control.

The Horde can have quest chains dealing with an uprising by these loyalists which distracts them. Also gives them a chance to build up some characters.

5 Likes

When she rushed in instead of trying any sort of negotiations.

By rushing in herself and getting overwhelmed by the undead.

None of your examples showed she wasn’t one to rush things without thinking. Even freeing Illidan was a rush decision. Tyrande even admits herself in game that she was wrong to free him.

2 Likes

If we are going to be fighting Sylvanas/Nathanos, it’s going to be with Anduin and he will forgive them

From a meta stand point what makes Sylvanas such a tactical master? She had had BP great military accomplishments or campaigns until w3. She didn’t fight in the Troll wars, I doubt she was even born yet. After that Quel’thalas war probably just keeping the realm safe from Troll attacks here and there. So I have to wonder how it’s she outsmarting everyone when really she’s just been alive for a long time.

She’s the only archer in the universe to master the power slide.

When did I ever say that she was? Hell, her BfA plan really only boiled down to trigger everyone and try hit a kill-quota of some kind. There was quite a bit of plot convenience, but honestly … it was a pretty safe plan with a rather huge margin for error by all indications.

There is no greater piece of evidence that Nelf Hate, against players or the race, exists than this thread itself. The majority of Horde posters in here just completely dismiss anything a Nelf player has concerns about and then screeches to the 9th layer of hell about their own woes.

“War of Thorns wasn’t a big enough power fantasy for me waaaaaah”

4 Likes

I know you didn’t, I was just asking the question. I thought it was relevant based on the age not equalizing wisdom argument and that she’s like 1000 years old.

Please tell me you didn’t resub just to post this.

3 Likes

Nah for some reason i can still post from my phone.

If you look at the likes from the first handful of posts about half of them are from Horde avatars. It’s in general agreement that Night Elves have been through through wringer this expansion, and that some closure would be good.

But the devil, as usual, is in the details.

5 Likes

Its not just Horde players, it’s Alliance players too. Night Elves, from a lore perspective, already feel like the black sheep in the Alliance… Now I, as a player, don’t feel like I am aligned with the Alliance either.

Army of the Black Moon > Alliance and Horde.

5 Likes