Night Elf Player Hate

1. The Night Elf people deserve vengeance. Tyrande is one of those who contributed to the situation.

2. There has been no call for peace. There is an armistice that reflects the fact that at the moment neither the Alliance nor the Horde has anything left to throw at each other offensively.

3. I’m not even touching this one.

4. Tyrande can be correctly criticized for not looking at the bigger picture. That there is more than just Sylvannas and the Horde in the destruction of her people… and that her single-minded focus may permit the master villains to get away scot-free.

5. She hasn’t. Unlike Tyrande, she has been serving on the wider scope of front lines and she has a better picture of the war has done to both sides. She realizes that the Night Elves now being an endangered species should not be throwing away their lives frivolously. There are times to be fighting like mad dog berserkers without any care. This isn’t one of them. For all those people who are claiming that Tyrande is some superior god level general because of her age, it should be noted that Shandris has been spending a lot more time in the field than her. She has way more practical experience in the fielding of armies. And she is nearly as old as Tyrande herself.

3 Likes

Short of Anduin calling Shaw and his spies worthless in 8.3, this will likely never be brought up in the game.

This is an armistice that reflects that the a Horde doesn’t want to throw anything at the Alliance any more currently. And given that the Army of the Black Moon got the canon win of the Darkshore Warfront, but didn’t join the Alliance and Horde rebels at Orgrimmar, Anduin’s comments were missing their count. This same Night Elf army was meant to counter Saurfang’s entire Horde army at Silithus.

The big picture that everyone, both Horde and Alliance, are hunting Sylvanas down same as her?

Shandris’ main concern is for Tyrande’s mental health and wanting her mother figure to not burn herself out. But we’ve also already seen this play out, with Shandris filling the role of Malfurion in Warcraft III suggesting that the Horde and Alliance can bridge the gap to Tyrande and Tyrande initially refusing, only to end up joining forces any way. If things play out as Blizzard is usually predictable for, we’re in for Val’sharah 2.0 in Ardenweald.

4 Likes

This actually happens?!?! Go Anduin.

Not about being tricked about Silithus, but yes:

2 Likes

can we have that anduin please?

2 Likes

can we have an anduin that is less like anduin and more like varian?

Oh…:roll_eyes: I like this Anduin but in Shaw’s defense is thes actually much he can do to root out N’zoth?

2 Likes

Anduin may be being affected by N’Zoth at the time of this as well. Something about Wrathion coming in to save him after.

He wasn’t actually quite himself at the time.

You mean the Varian who restrained Tyrande at the Temple of the Red Crane?

Well, accounting the bad writing, Tyrande was acting extremely stupid. Instead of building an strategy she wanted to charge dead on. (Again, out of character for a tactician of her level)

Varian wanted to take a more careful approach and not take any chances with the hostages.

2 Likes

Oh no, more ammunition for the shippers!

1 Like

that’s just because blizz wrote the night elves to be idiots all throughout wow.

I mean the varian that actually wouldn’t forgive the horde again after another genocide that was never felt any regret about.

1 Like

To be fair, this is not out of character for how she’s acted since Warcraft III.

4 Likes

This doesn’t feel anything like Anduin. I mean, good and all for him putting on his “Grrr” face, but something feels off. I don’t know the context behind this, but I feel like there might be a betentacled manipulator in the background causing him to be emotional. Could be wrong.

1 Like

Yeah … Tyrande has never really been portrayed as particularly tactical in WC3; or really since? Lets be honest, if there is one setting in all of fantasy that repeatedly shows that age does not necessarily equate to wisdom … its Warcraft. Peoples of all ages and races have the ability to act like total d*mbasses at the drop of a hat or when the plot demands it.

3 Likes

Well, to be fair she took both the Orcs and Humans working together and even slayed one of their Paladins. Even when the Burning Legion/Scourge launched a combined attack that wiped out her party, she still managed to sneak past the Doomguards, rally a small force and raid an Undead settlement in order to reach Shandris.

You really can’t expect that someone like that would be ‘‘GOGOGOGOGO KILL THEM ALLLLL’’ she would at least give it a good thought.

She was willing to sacrifice herself to aid the passing of the Blood Elf caravan so that they would reach Pyrewood. I don’t think she’d be quick to put innocent lives in danger.

2 Likes

Didn’t somebody already datamine that everybody loses it in the scenario because of Nzoth? I didn’t even think it was ambiguous why Anduin was getting angry with people.

No one is suggesting she isn’t a powerhouse. No one is suggesting she isn’t capabe of selfless acts. I just don’t recall her ever being portrayed as a tactical mastermind; even in the WotA.

1 Like

She was still a Priestess in training wasn’t she?

The examples I cited were just to clear up the fact that she is no pushover when it comes to tactics. Sure she may not be a genius tactician, but with what we had back in WC3, you can’t deny that she HAS experience with against-all-odds situations, and has always managed to come out on top.

From escaping Archimonde, to warning Shandris and awaking the druids.

The way she acted in A Little Patience was way out of character, because she isn’t one to rush things. Back when the Orcs were passing through Ashenvale instead of rushing to kill them despite the demonic taint, she ordered her Sentinels to observe since they might just be looking for a new land to live in.

You don’t need to be a tactical mastermind to understand that rushing in head on to a Hostage situation isn’t the best idea.

3 Likes