Nice UI + Mouseover healing addons?

Hiya, I’m sure this has been asked many a time but I’m not quite sure how to google this so I thought I’d just directly ask:

So In the past I have been fond of using Clique with VuhDo health bars for easy mouseover healing. However it’s been a long time since I’ve healed and I’ve been trying to get back into it but VuhDo and Clique don’t seem to be getting along anymore for me, and VuhDo is terrible to set up.

Would it work for me to use VuhDo bars + Mouseover macros or is there an addon that makes this option (mouseover healing + thick hp bars for accessibility) easy to do? I did an Auchindoun Timewalking run tonight and it felt terrible having to manually click everyone.

Thanks for any recommendations or input.

2 Likes

Are you after click based casting (click on frame to heal) or mouseover casting (mouseover frame, press keyboard key)

For click casting:
VuhDo’s still solid.
Clique works with any frames but I would recommend not using it with VuhDo as VD has it’s own click-healing setup.

The default frames these days are pretty solid, ElvUI’s frames are solid - Clique obviously works with both.

Mouseover Healing:

6 Likes

I was after mouseover. I was seeing if anyone knew a compatible addon that set up mouseover healing + had thick HP bars. I’ll try ElvUI though, thanks!

Hey there:)

Honesty just running Elvui default frames and putting in place a few mouseover macros is the way to go. Even going as far as placing help/harm conditionals is helpful in shrinking the footprint on your bars. I’ll type out an example below, of both plain mouseover, and a help/harm. Given that you’re a shaman I’ll put in the spells that made sense to me for help/harm while I was playing shaman.

Standard:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,exists][]riptide

Help/harm:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help]riptide;[@mouseover,harm,exists][harm]flame shock;[help][]riptide

You can just replace any of the spell names with spell with what spells you’d like in their place. Also, if there are any issues with the above or macros in general (as I’m typing this from memory at lunch) let me know and I’m happy to help sort anything out. Feel free to add me Bender#1870

Note on Elvui and frames, adjusting raid/party size and aspect of individual frames is very easy to do in the Unit Frames section of Elvui settings.

Tyvm! Yeah I’m using:

/cast [@mouseover, exists] [] Chain Heal

and it works fine for my purposes. I could do help/harm but eh, I’ll keep it simple for now. Also figured out sizing HP bars and stuff today so I’m good there. Thanks much!

1 Like

Hey glad to hear!!

As a note, for Shaman I paired help / harm spells like so:

• Lightning Bolt / Healing Wave
  • Flame Shock / Riptide
  • Lava Burst / Healing Surge
  • Chain Lightning / Chain Heal

Happy Healing!!

1 Like

So quick question, I did try the help/harm macros but it throws everything into a 5 second cooldown whenever I use one instead of letting me use heals back to back.

Edit: Nvm solved it using this layout:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Healing Wave; [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [harm] Lightning Bolt; Healing Wave
1 Like