Next Expansion: WoW - Beyond the Light Portal

Yrel and her zealots from the Mag’har quest find a way to rebuild the dark portal with holy magic to invade Azeroth and force us all to the Light. Anyone who would take in the Mag’har fugitives needs to be purged.

Yay or Nay? What would work and what would be terrible?

My thoughts:
Potentially cool: Draenei bad guys, Lightforged Garrosh, Alliance conflict from clashing Draenei, continuation of Legion’s “Naaru may not be so perfect after all” implications, potential lead in to the Light vs Void visions from Velen.

Potentially terrible: Ugh Draenor, ugh draenor characters, ugh revisiting alternate timeline.

This is just for fun so don’t get emotionally invested.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind i guess, but what i really want is more undeath story. that’s just me tho

some development on how sinister the light can truly be would be cool if executed properly though

1 Like

Next expansion will see an even smaller land mass, probably all underground to remove flying mounts from the equation completely. That will necessitate the delay of ground mounts until the completion of Pathfinder 1, when you will get them at 60% speed. A year and a half into the expansion the completion of Pathfinder 2 will get you 100%, but only in the old area. It probably won’t carry over to alts at that point. Not to slow you down, mind you, but strictly for the immersion.

The expansion after that will be RP Walk to Regular Walk, and will take place inside a small building.

2 Likes

I will agree only if warlocks get a quest to change the color of their spells to holy spells so we can be Light Warlocks.

This also includes Light versions of demons, of course.

AU Draenor is beautiful. I’d love to go back.

Just, like, with actual content this time. You know, that stuff you’re supposed to do at max level. Stuff that wasn’t there the first time around.

1 Like

Easy man, actiblizz doesn’t need anymore ideas they’d probably do something along these lines I have no doubt lol.

Only if the Scarlet Crusade are involved and my Paladin can join them. Especially now that they are no longer being influenced my a Dreadlord - but they should sill be relatively antagonistic zealots.

Kinda hoping they just retcon that how Lightbound thing. Still ticks me off just thinking about it.

World of Warcraft: Return of the Scarlet Crusade

Careful, I made a topic similar to this entitled Lightforged Draenei and it derailed completely, I dunno if the guy was a troll or legitimately believed what he was saying but it got me all depressed.

Hmm not really interested.

I really want a black empire xpac

I would love to get an xpack centered around resisting a fanatical and tyrannical Light based foe, one that doesn’t just hint at but finally shows the Light and it’s related forces as the evil they really represent.

1 Like

This was funny.

Would love an expansion of fighting some light users. Explore the evils of fundamentalism.

1 Like

I do really want to see a Light Holy War