Next Allied Races? 8.2? 8.3?

I think they would be a great choice.

I’m totally into Ethereals as a playable race, and to be honest I’m not particularly fussed which faction they end up on.

Just give my that non-corporeal goodness!

2 Likes

I think something like that, would warrant a whole expansion revolving around their entire existence. I wouldn’t really care what side they landed on either. Would be cool if they did it the way of the Panda, and let you choose what side you could be on.

1 Like

8.2 - Vulpera & Mechagnomes

8.3 - Ogres & Sethrak

Anything who is not this is BS

Lightforged undead is the most obnoxious allied race i ever seen being discussed, i just don’t know why people would want to play something like this, no purpose.

5 Likes

I don’t think anyone WANTS to play Lightforged Undead. It’s just what Alliance players are expecting from the quality of our existing Allied Races is all.

9 Likes

i already seen many people asking for then, not just expecting

And the completely silence towards then means people are totally fine with

1 Like

Indeed. After lightforged, void elves, fat humans and possibly junker gnomes, all races that came out of nowhere, is anyone surprised that we may end up with another behind-spawned idea?

But I think the name “lightforged undead” is a misnomer. I think these guys are less like undead and more like holy avatars of the Light (which makes them redundant with the Lightforged anyway). I’m kinda expecting “holy thin humans” or “holy humans” that are created out of undead rather than simply undead models with golden particles.

Not that make me any eager to have them… I’m just trying to make sense of it all.

3 Likes

The proper name is The Redeemed. It’s a counter name to The Forsaken.

3 Likes

I’ve been using “Redeemed” but didn’t knew it’s a proper name, I thought I had invented it myself, lol.

And I think they’ll indeed be undead “redeemed” by Calia, ascending and being restored to a new form.

it could have a better outcome if the fanbase used their energy to ask possible races and not waste in one who they said no for bfa

just saying we could have vrykuls by now.

Still think they are garbage with no purpose and no appeal

1 Like

People will ask for what they want. There’s no purpose in asking for something you don’t care about.

Also, how would shut up about something that is lacking help in any way? To shut up about high elves is to say void elves were fine. They were not.

You got fat humans slightly descended from vrykul, be happy with that. “Shut up and ask for other thing”, by your own logic.

7 Likes

Hey, you already said junker gnomes!

Zing!

4 Likes

You just are proving my point. If the community only advocate for one thing, that they already said no by this expansion, blizz will do what they want, because there is no feedback or requests for other races the community want.

Thats why the “redeemed” will prob be a thing, no feedback or discussion saying “no we don’t want this” or “don’t do it its stupid”

If I recall correctly, the Sethrak are using the Worgen skeleton, though I don’t think they are likely. The other option could be the original Night Elf Worgen, which I would personally love but could see how it would be difficult differentiating from the standard Worgen.

2 Likes

Not sure where this strange insistence on San’layn keeps coming from. They were basically wiped out in WotLK, haven’t been active — or even seen — up until now, and the couple that do have a minor appearance in BFA only turn up in a short Alliance quest chain, where they’re killed off.

As for the vulpera, the Alliance haven’t been killing them at all. In fact, the Alliance’s entire interaction with that race is pretty much just scaring them off and burning their supplies during one of the Vol’dun invasion quests.

The questgiver literally says that the Alliance “have no quarrel with the little fox people”, but insists that they can’t be allowed to supply the Horde, and so explicitly tells you not to kill them while destroying the caravans.

3 Likes

I’m not really an advocate for more elf races. The only way I’d be ok with it is if horde got Naga that had a night elf form. (Or something like it.) I’m sorry, but I never want to see San’layn. Ever.

I feel like Mecha/junker gnomes are a possibility. Mechagnomes would be awesome, the new junker gnome models are a bit… :man_shrugging:

Personally Alliance is way overdue for something cool. Lightforged kind of ruined the chances of Broken Draenei, but they still have Jinyu, Mechagnomes, Wildhammer Dwarves (Dwarf druids anyone?)

1 Like

There’s no “community want”. It’s foolish to expect “the community” to backup your wishes, because “the community” is just a collection of individuals with their own interests. Just like you are bashing our wish for high elves, there’s a lot of people that couldn’t care less about vrykul.

Only in some rare cases there will be any requests that will rally “the community” behind it.

9 Likes

I think they’ll be added in 8.2.5: vulpera for hord and mechagnome for alliance. I dont think they’ll do sethrak because of the models, would require a lot of work to adapt all the armor on them.

1 Like

Zandalar and maghar were requests who rally “the community”, vulpera is going in the same route

it can be done.

2 Likes

You are confusing “the community” with “the requests I approve of”.

4 Likes

im rly not